In the End of the Night

Sam sat in her bathtub with her knees pulled up to her chest, her salty tears mixed with the stream of water pouring from the shower head above.

It had taken months for her to finally start to become the person she wanted and only a single night to have it all torn down.

Not only did her mom now know she was a werewolf, but her aunt knew it too.
Her mom had refused to say anything to her since leaving the police station; she even made her drive home alone.

She wasn't sure how long she'd been in the shower, but when the water finally turned ice cold, she realized she'd have to get out, dry off and try to move on with her life.

As she got dressed and dried her hair, she wondered if Scott's mom was accepting it any better than her mom was.

Opening the door to her room she saw Derek sitting on the side of her bed.

"Derek!"
His name rushed out with a sigh of relief.

She hadn't seen him since the first responders had arrived at the station and he left out a back exit, she'd been worried that the Argents or someone might have caught up to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked her as he stood up and looked her over.

"I'm fine." She assured him, but her heartbeat gave her away.

When she saw his disbelieving look she stepped forward and into his arms, clutching onto the sides of his shirt and resting her head against his chest as she took a few moments to appreciate being with him.

She'd hoped that after her mom got over the initial shock that she'd be okay with it all.
She might not be human, but that was what allowed her to heal from a gunshot wound that might have otherwise proved deadly without getting help in a timely manner.

Even her Aunt Alice had given her a hug before they parted ways at the police station.

Finally she shrugged and said, "I... I just don't know where I go from here. My mom and aunt both know about me... about you. My mom just keeps look at me like..." Her voice trailed off.

Her eyes burned as she let out a dry laugh and said, "I guess I am a monster."

Stepping back he held onto the sides of her face as he made her look at him, "You can run faster than any human, you can heal from seemingly fatal injuries, but you're not a monster, Sam."

"Then why do I feel like one?" She asked, her voice barely over a whisper.
A few tears escaped.

Using his thumb, he brushed the tears away, which only made her chin quiver more, "It's never easy for someone you care about to find out what you are. But sometimes the situation is unavoidable."

"What am I supposed to do?" She questioned with a small shrug.

"You do whatever you have to do, but you don't give up. You keep fighting."

"And what if she kicks me out or never talks to me again?" She voiced her fears.

"There's a real possibility that your family might not accept what you are."

Her chin quivered more and a small gasp escaped her trembling lips at his words.

Sure, she'd considered that they might never accept her, but it was different hearing someone else say it.

Anyone else would have lied to her, told her that her mom just needed some time to come around, but that everything was going to be okay. But even with the almost harsh honesty, she was glad he was there with her and not someone else.