Chapter 3

"Now, all you're supposed to do is to get into his apartment, find those names, and get out of there." Leo reminded me for the millionth time.

"I know the plan. I'll be at his birthday party as an art collector who got an invite. I'll have my way with him until I end up in his apartment. I'll then drug him and then get what I need. Simple. "

"No, not simple. Make sure that you DO NOT end up in bed with him, Sophia. He's dangerous. "

"Are you saying that as my boss or the man I'm sleeping with?"

"Both. And DON'T go rogue this time."

"Ok." I fixed my hair and make-up as we talked. We were at Leo's penthouse, and I was done with him hovering over me like this. He was so hesitant to let me leave. It's just one night. What could go wrong? "Look, I'm ready, and I need to leave now. "

"You look beautiful. And you left your hair in its natural colour. I hate it when you dye it blonde. It's long and soft and so lush."

"You're starting to sound so creepy. " I said as I put on my shoes. This is a formal event, so I'm pulling out everything.

He walked me to the car outside and helped me in. "No sex Soph."

"Ok," I said with a smile. He closed the door, and we were off. Karrion Xavier Black. Head of the Guerra di Sangue Mafia. He's notoriously dangerous and a well-known player. I've never met him in person, but hopefully, tonight goes well.

We pulled up to the building where this party was taking place, and I walked in. It was beautiful but I wasn't here for anyone else but him. I went to the open bar and ordered a vodka martini. I started getting bored while I waited for him to show up, but then, I heard cheering and clapping. He had arrived. He was looking AMAZING. He was wearing a black suit and everything on him was black. Including his hair. I instantly felt this need to run away from him, but I had a mission. No matter what, I had to complete my mission.

How do you get the attention of someone in a room where everyone wants their attention? Don't give them any attention. It's that simple. I just won't give a damn about anything that he does tonight. Let the games begin. It started with his toast. Everyone stood up and moved forward, but I sat at the bar, pretending to scroll through some messages. I could feel a cold gaze on me, and I knew that he had noticed me. But I needed more than that. Then his...assistant went ahead to ask everyone to toast to him, but I didn't. Again, cold gaze. Then, he walked over to the bar and sat down next to me.

"Whiskey. " He said to the bartender, who looked like he was peeing his pants on the spot. His eyes ran over my body, but I still pretended like no one was there. "Stunning." He said suddenly. I had this inner smile, but then I turned to face him with my normal face.

"What?"

"You look stunning. " He said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Thank you. Oh, and happy birthday. " I said as I turned back and took a sip of my drink.

"Thank you. Now, don't get me wrong, I think you're beautiful and all, but I have no idea who you are. Or how you got in here." When dealing with people like Karrion, you need to tread carefully. He could make me now and kill me, or I could play the right cards.

"I'm Sophie. Sophie Kane." I said as I extended my hand to his for a shake, but instead, he brought it to his lips and placed a kiss on it. He then gave me a sleek smile. If I didn't pay attention, I would've missed it.

"Karrion Black. Tell me about yourself, Ms. Kane."

"There's not much to tell. I'm an art scout and purchaser for wealthy art lovers. I throw the entirety of my days into work, and that's that."

"Interesting. You intrigue me, Ms. Kane, and I'd like to understand why. " He said as he looked intensely at me. It was almost as if he was trying to figure me out.

"I intrigue many people, Mr. Black. "

"Karrion. Call me Karrion."

"Karrion. It's been a pleasure meeting you, but I need to leave now. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your birthday. " I picked up my clutch, ready to leave, but two hefty men blocked my path.

"It's rude to leave a conversation when the other party isn't quite finished, Ms. Kane. Sit." His voice had command in it. This is all part of the plan. He's not used to being objected to, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

"Excuse you? Who do you think you are to tell me to sit like I'm a dog? I'm Sophie Kane, and the only person I take orders from is myself. If you want to have a conversation with me, ask me nicely. " He was struck by my words. He couldn't believe it. No one had ever spoken to him that way. He seemed angry for a few seconds, and then he started smiling.

"Please..sit." I returned the smile and sat down. The two men left us all alone again. "Again. I'm constantly intrigued by you. No one has ever dared to talk to me like that. It almost makes me wonder if you know who I am."

"Should I?"

"You're at my party, you tell me."

"I'm here because of my client. "

"In that case, let me properly introduce myself. I'm Karrion Black."

"So, what do you do, Karrion?"

"Let's just say I'm a businessman. "

"Ok. Now, can I leave?"

"Not yet. Join me for a drink, away from this mess."

"We're having a drink right now. "

"I have a bottle of the world's best scotch at my apartment."

"An offer I can't refuse. Whenever you're ready. "

He got up and extended his hands to me. I took it, and he led me out of the building. I went to my car and told the driver to leave, and then we went to Karrion's luxurious apartment. It instantly reminded me of the Opus in Beverly Hills.

"Nice. " I said when he offered me a seat.

"Thank you. Most ladies tend to become more clingy once they see my place, but you're so calm. That surprises me. " He said as he poured us drinks.

"I'm not most girls, now am I?" I asked with a smile.

"That you're not. " He said cockily.

"This place is similar to Opus."

"You have a good eye for the best things in life, don't you? That's because it was made by the same person. I loved the Opus so much, and the owner refused to sell, so I paid the architect to make my own."

"Rich and spoilt. Interesting. " He walked back to me and handed me the glass.

"Not spoilt. I just know what I want, and when I want something, I must have it." He was staring at me lustfully.

"A man who knows what he wants, I like that." He leaned in until our faces were less than an inch away. His warm lips met mine in a passionate kiss. His arms went around my waist, pulling me to his chest. My arms circled his neck as I moved to sit on his lap, straddling him. His hands went to the zip of my gown as he tried to remove it. All I could think about was Leo's warning. "No sex." In all reality, I have to do what's best, and to do that, I need to get into his laptop. He needs to be asleep for me to do that, and considering that I can't drug him, this is the best way.

He carried me and took me into his room, where he threw me on the bed. He removed his shirt and woah! Shirtless glory, please!! This is going to be pretty interesting.