Chapter 5

"You didn't seem to have an issue with that last night. " I was surprised at his bluntness but I simply smiled and slid the documents to him.

"Before anything is set in stone, you have to sign these documents first. " He looked at me with this smile and then he regained his composure.

He picked the papers up and started flipping through them. "This is a lot. All this just to be able to buy art?"

"I need to know your taste in art, your price range, I need to know your financial status and source of income and I also need to know that you're a law-abiding citizen. Take your time and go through it, there's no rush."

"I don't have an issue with every other part but my financial status, you know better. I'm wearing a $50,000 suit, that should say a lot. And let's be honest, we know that half of your clients are drug lords, mobsters, and Wall Street guys who buy art as a form of hiding their money in plain sight, so my relationship with the law shouldn't be a problem. I'll sign the papers though." He brought out a pen and was about to start signing.

"I'd advise you to go through it with your lawyers first." He just kept on singing until he had signed all the papers. I just sat there typing away. He's a big boy, whatever happens, it's his signature that's on the document not mine.

"I don't need to. I trust that you wouldn't dare cross me. Since that's signed and I'm personally delivering it to you, I'll make a deposit of 600 million euros for the artwork and I expect it to be delivered to my storage facility. Any other information should be sent to my office."

"The painting you want is worth 345 million dollars."

"I know." We both got up and I gave him a handshake but his hands lingered.

"What are you doing Mr. Black?" I asked flipping my hair to the side. Yes, he is hot and rich and everything most women want but he's also bad news. This is not the kind of man I need right now.

"Mr. Black? All through last night I remember you screaming 'Karrion!' at the top of your lungs. Why so formal today?"

"Because last night was a mistake and a one-time thing and it's not going to happen again. This relationship is strictly professional." He still didn't let go. "Let me go... Mr. Black. " I said faking a smile. Instead, he walked to my side of the table, all the while never releasing my hands or breaking eye contact. He got in front of me and pulled me to his chest roughly. His hands went around my waist tightly.

"I see it, you know. " He said looking into my eyes.

"See what?"

"The things you want me to do to you. They're showing in your eyes and I'll fulfill them...real soon." His words were calm yet calculated. He held my gaze and then stepped back and released my waist. "But till then, I expect to get the full worth of my money." He took a few steps toward the door and then turned to me. "Oh, and next time you're sent on a mission to me, steal something more valuable. The Lamden file is useless without someone who can decipher it. I'm sorry to tell you that all you accomplished last night, was getting in bed with me." And he was gone.

I worked for a few more hours and I don't know how time slipped away because as soon as I checked my watch, it was almost 10 pm! I was late for dinner and I knew that Leo would flip but I had to work. He stays in his office at the organisation all day but I have to switch between here and the organisation, so there will be days when I run a little late but that shouldn't be an issue. Right?

"Leo?" I called out as I walked into the large yet always dark apartment. His apartment gave me Harvey Spectre vibes. It was edgy and yet, classy.

"I'm out here!" I walked out to the balcony to meet him. He was still in his work clothes, just without the suit jacket and his sleeves were folded to his elbows. He had his usual glass of scotch in hand and he was leaning against the railing, staring at the beautiful city of Venice.