Chapter 10

"Remember, as soon as he gets up to use the bathroom, you turn the device on. That way.."

"It'll copy everything on his phone and transfer it you, I know." I walked into the restaurant alone but believe me, I wasn't alone. There were 5 heavily armed men in the restaurant because Karrion insisted on that and as if that wasn't bad enough, he was in my ear! He wouldn't stop reminding me of what I had to do through the ear plug that I was wearing. It was covered by my hair so no one could see it.

"Don't do that. I'm just thorough."

"Yeah...maybe we can switch clothes and you can complete the mission by yourself."

"Very funny. Bradley should be with you any second, stay calm, stay cool and do not.."

"Reservation for Ms. Kane please." I said as soon as I saw Bradley approach the receptionist. She checked her computer and then she turned to me with a smile.

"Reservation for Mr. Craig." I could see him looking at me and that's good.

"Ok. Ms. Kane, your table had to be given away because you got here an hour over the reserved time. But we can have you seated in thirty minutes or less. You can wait at the bar."

"Are you serious? Look, I can't wait for thirty minutes!"

"Maybe you should calm down ma'am."

"I'm sorry, but I have a reservation for two and my second cancelled abruptly. If you don't mind Ms. Kane, I could share my table with you." Bingo!!!! It worked! Bradley was so easy to deal with! The late arrival, the drama and all, it all worked perfectly.

"I couldn't possibly impose..."

"Please, I insist."

"Well, I don't see why not." The receptionist smiled and took us both to the table. Like a proper gentleman, he helped me take my coat off, he pulled my seat out for me and he pushed me in. He's a good looking man. Well built, polite and all. If I didn't read his file before coming here, I would think he was the perfect man.

"So, Ms. Kane..."

"Please, call me Sophie."

"Sophie. That's a very beautiful name with an applicable meaning to it's bearer." Isn't he sweet?! Our orders were placed before us and I was starving! But I stayed cool and calmly started eating my steak and potatoes.

"Well thank you, Mr. Craig."

"Bradley. Please, if I get the honour of calling you by your first name, I would love to also to also get the honour of my first name being called by you." Kill me now!

"You have quite the sweetest words, don't you?" I said as I sipped my wine.

"Kill me now." I could hear Karrion through the ear plug. He wasn't having it anymore.

"I'm just being honest. So, Sophie, what brings you to Russia because you are obviously not from this side of the world."

"Что это дало?" (What gave it away?) He was surprised at my fluent Russian and I liked that.

"Так ты говоришь по русски? Я бы назвал тебя итальянцем или даже испанцем." (So you speak Russian? I would've pegged you as an Italian or even Spanish.) I smiled slyly. He has no idea.

"Bene, sono pieno di sorprese. Ho anche sentito dire che sono piuttosto misterioso." (Well, I am fully of surprises. I also hear that I'm quite mysterious.) At this rate, he was smiling from ear to ear.

"I didn't realise that I had abducted Duolingo. Stay on track." Karrion mumbled on the other side.

"Is there a language that you don't speak?"