Chapter 13

"Well, look who we have here." Leo. I couldn't believe it. I didn't realise how difficult it would be to stand in his office and look at him again. I came here as soon as we landed. I couldn't even go home and change, I just needed to sort this whole thing out.

"Leo.."

"Karrion Black. You left me and everything you know and love because of Karrion?!"

"Leo.."

"You told me that you were having drinks with a friend and you disappeared!" He got up and grabbed me roughly.

"Leo you're hurting me!"

"Oh believe me, you haven't even begun to feel hurt yet!" I yanked out of his grip and moved away from him. Normally, Leo can get a bit..angry but I didn't expect this.

"Where's Franco?" He laughed as he stalked me with his every move.

"He's somewhere. Don't worry, you won't be joining him now. You're going somewhere much worse." Leo couldn't hold me under chains because of my relationship with The Organisation but he could do worse and there was nothing I could do about it.

"I didn't want things to turn out this way."

"Me too baby." He held my face tightly, I'm pretty sure this would leave a mark. But then, he kicked me in the stomach, causing me to fall to the ground. I was coughing badly and he was just staring at me. "I tried Sophie, I really tried. But you left me! Why did you leave?!"

"Leo.."

"Don't say anything!! I'm going to punish you until I am satisfied and when I'm done with you, no one, not even Karrion will want you."

"You have me, let Franco go."

"Oh I will. In fact, I'll let you see him." He called one of the guards in and I was forced to go with the guard. It was a long drive and I was blindfolded. It's crazy because the sun was still up! I couldn't see anything until I got to a room. I had no idea how I got there. All I know is that when the blindfold was removed, I saw a shadow of Franco. He looked awful! I rushed to where the chair where he had been tied but it was almost as if he couldn't see me.

"Franco, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." I was touching his shirt that was covered in blood. He could barely say anything.

"I..it..it's ok." His voice was so strained. "I...I'm happy...y..you got..away from...him. But...why did you..come back?"

"He's going to let you go. I promise." I was crying but I tried to stay calm for him.

"He won't. I'm the only.." He stopped and started coughing up blood. What did they do to him?! "I'm the only reason...why you're staying. He's not going to let me go. Leave."

"I'm not leaving you."

"I'm..already dead. He's been..injecting me with something. I won't make it...so run. Don't go..through all this for...a dead man." I could see him and I understood him but I wasn't ready to believe it. Franco was my best friend. He was the only person who I could trust.

"Franco.."

"Look after mom...she will ..need you." This was the moment I realised that coming back here was a bad decision. Franco was probably going to die and now, Leo had me.

Months passed and I was not allowed to see Franco. Leo had guards follow me everywhere even to my office. I now had a curfew and the beatings became as regular as dinner. Occasionally, he would force himself on me but I couldn't say anything or do anything. He just owned me. Until one day when he came back to the apartment.

"Sophie, how was your day?"

"I would think you already know the answer considering that you have eyes on me every minute."