Chapter 19

"Sophie, what are you doing here?" I walked to his table, and dropped my bag on it.

"Visiting. I can do that right?" He got up and pulled me to him.

"Anytime you want. I'm just surprised. Sion didn't tell me that you were coming."

"It was meant to be a surprise."

"Well, consider me surprised." He leaned down and kissed me. As I wrapped my hands around his neck, a very dirty thought had occurred to me. He pulled away with a grin. "Missed me that much huh?"

"More than you know." He leaned against the table and pulled me. I was standing in-between his legs, and he had his arms around my waist. He had taken his coat off, and he was just in his pants and turtleneck. I could see his body so clearly. Oh, the things I wanted him to do to me right now!

"Are you going to spend all day checking me out?" He said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No. I already did that all night long." He laughed lightly. I could see him more clearly now. Away from the dim lights at the manor. He looked like he hadn't slept well in a while. I was worried.

"Hey, I'm fine. Stop giving me the pity eyes." How did he..?

"I'm just...I should've never left. Look what it did to you."

"Don't. Don't beat yourself up. I pushed you away. But, you're back now. That's all that matters."

"Yeah." My head was down. He used a finger to lift my head.

"Sophie, please stop. I'm fine. And you're back."

"Ok." It took a minute, but I got my smile back. "So, what goes on at Black Industries?"

"Oil. We're in the oil business. Although, it's just another way for us to distribute our money."

"So, laundering?"

"I didn't say that." He moved away and held my hand.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as we walked away from the table.

"You'll see." We walked through this glass door and appeared outside. It was beautiful. It had the best view of the city.

"Karrion..." I placed my hand on the railing and took it all in. His hands went around my waist. He was standing behind me, taking it all in.

"Beautiful."

"I know. The view is..."

"Not the view." I turned around to face him with a smile.

"I love being here...with you."

"Me too." I had recently got some information that I thought he might want to know, but I don't think it's important. "And, I have some news."

"Oh?"

"We're flying back to Italy in two days. I have a few things to take care off."

"Karrion, I don't want to go back there."

"He's not there anymore. He can't hurt you. I won't let anyone hurt you."

"Can I just stay here?" I really didn't want to go back.

"You know that I can't leave you here. It's not safe."

"Ok. Just promise that you won't leave me alone."

"I promise." I buried my face in his body and wrapped my arms around him. I felt safe here.

We walked back into the office and settled in. "I've decided to take control of Черный дом." (The Black House.) He nodded slowly.