Chapter 1

I don't know how I got here or what I was doing floating down stream, but I guess I was lucky enough that I wasn't killed.

I managed to pull myself up coughing up water as I did so. I laid on the shore for a long period before I heard two people run over to me.

"Hey lady are you alright?" A voice called out. I opened my eyes a bit to see two fire soldiers looking at me. I quickly nodded while I was quietly shaking.

One of them helped me up and wrapped me around in one of their kimonos I'm assuming.

They made sure to keep me still and safe as we walked through the busy street.

I was brought into a dimly lit building and they put me down to rest.

~~~~~~~

I woke up a few hours later and stepped outside to the cool midnight breeze. It felt soothing to say the least.

"Sorry to bother you miss but are you lost? I could offer you some assistance." A taller man said on the other side of the pathway said. It made me jump a little. "Oh I'm terribly sorry!"

"No no my fault! Some fire soldiers here found me and brought me here to rest!" I told him. He seemed tall and very muscular. It was too dark to make out any features but his hair seemed long and silky.

"Make sure you get enough rest if you need anything Waka and I will be in here." He said before going back inside. I smiled and walked back into the area they put me down in to sleep.

These people were so nice taking in someone like me. They don't even know me I could have been dangerous.