chapter six: "i don't mind saving you"

AN: its a double update, make sure you read Chapter 5 first! Enjoy♥︎

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Stay out of it, Hale, this is between me and Scarlett here."

Thank god Noah showed up, how did he even know I was out here?

"Not anymore, leave" Noah said coldly.

"Dude stay out of it. She wants me, she just needs some persuasion right?" He said turning to me and grabbing my other arm with his other hand.

Noah stormed over and picked Tyler up by his collar, his 6'4" frame towering over Tyler who was only around 6 feet.

"Don't fucking touch her"

"Ohhh well would you look at that. Hale's got a soft spot for the freshman. Don't worry dude, we can share" he said with a smirk.

Noah's eyes widened before he punched him square in the face. I jumped up from the step where I was watching the whole thing and tried to call Noah off. Tyler recovered quickly from the punch and lunged at Noah, tackling him into the yard.

Knowing I stood zero chance against two grown men, I ran inside to try and find backup. I found Cameron and Andrew in a small group first and ran up to them.

"Cameron, Noah... outside...tyler....big fight" I said in between breaths. Mental note: start working out. Damn.

"woah Scarlett, calm down and breath. What happened?"

"I was outside and then Tyler Sparks tried to kiss me and then Noah came out and then Tyler said some things and Noah punched him and there was jumping and now they're fighting out back" I answered after finally catching my breath.

Cameron and Andrew's eyes widened and they ran out of the kitchen towards the back yard with the rest of us behind them. As I pushed through the crowd that got out there first, Andrew and Cameron were pulling Tyler and Noah off of each other, barely. Luckily the other Wolverine players came and controlled Tyler and Noah shrugged the guys off.

Still fuming, Noah shouted, "Get the fuck out and don't ever show your face at a party she's at. You stay the fuck away from her, you hear me"

Tyler wiped his bloody nose and shrugged his players off of him, "Whatever Hale, you have her. she's just some freshman slut anyway, not worth it"

Noah went to lunge at Tyler for the remark and Cameron quickly grabbed his arms. Tyler put his arms up in surrender and laughed dryly as him and his teammates left through the side gate.

The rest of the partiers that weren't directly involved went back inside mumbling and gossiping to themselves, throwing me looks as they went inside. The only people left was our group of 8.

Throwing the anger from the previous party out the window, I walked over to Noah and caught his gaze before throwing my arms around him. I felt his arms snake around my waste as he hugged me back and he sighed into my neck.

I pulled him back and inspected his face, "let's go back and get you cleaned up, yeah?" I asked.

He nodded and I think everyone knew that it was time to go back to the house and call it a night. The first trip was Noah, me, Seth, Chloe, and Bella. Cameron, Andrew, and Nat all stayed back to wait for Noah to come get them.

He pulled into the house driveway, and I went to unbuckle when his hand stopped mine.

Chloe, getting the hint, motioned the other two out of the car. "We'll give you guys a minute"