chapter twenty-one: "They're fucking!"

Saturday, November 20th

I climb into the passenger seat as Noah aggressively slams his door shut. Chloe is passed out in the back seat snoring soundly.

"I swear, if her and Seth don't figure their shit out soon I'm going to lose it."

It's been two weeks since Chloe and Seth started their "break" and this is the fourth time Noah and I have had to pick her up from a party because she drank too much. Of course, we'd rather her call us than try to drive or go home with a stranger, but it's becoming a little much.

She says that she's "finally having the college experience she always wanted." I love that she's having fun, but we're all worried about her. Seth isn't much better. He's seen walking around campus with various girls and after last weekend's game, he posted a video on his Instagram story of him signing a girls boobs.

They're both hurting and trying to cover it up with what they think they should be doing. The rest of us are completely in the middle. It's easier for Nat and Bella to take Chloe's side and avoid Seth at all costs, but it's not exactly easy for me to never see him considering he lives with Noah.

The other boys are trying to be there for Seth, but none of them agree with this break either. We all know they love each other and need to get over whatever fears they're having and get back together.

Noah drives to the dorm and picks Chloe up, ready to carry her up to the room.

We make it to the door and I reach for my key card.

"Fuck," I sigh.

"What?"

"I don't have my key card, it must be in my bookbag, upstairs."

He curses under his breath and tries to wake Chloe up, "Chloe, hey wake up."

She stirs and gives a short grunt as a response.

"Chlo, do you have your key card with you?" I ask gently.

She hums a no and rests her head back on Noah's shoulder.

"Try calling one of the girls."

"Bella is the heaviest sleeper I know, and Nat isn't even here tonight. We're gonna have to just take her back to your house until morning." I rub my forehead with my hand.

"Is that really a good idea? I mean who knows what Seth is doing, or who Seth is doing, right now."

"We don't exactly have another choice, we'll put her on your futon and then take her back in the morning when Bella is awake to let us in."

He nods to agree and carries Chloe back to the jeep and puts her into the back.

Once we make it back to the house, Noah picks Chloe up again and carries her to the door. I open the door, hoping that everyone else is asleep.

They're not.

Seth looks up from the couch and immediately rushes to Noah who is holding a passed out Chloe still.

"What the fuck is going on?" He sounds equally angry and worried.

"She called us as a party saying she needed a ride and when we got there she was asleep on a couch already, we tried to take her to my dorm, but I don't have my key card to get in and she doesn't have hers either. So, we brought her here." I explain.

He sighs and reaches to take Chloe from Noah. He hesitates but decides to let Seth carry her upstairs.

We follow him upstairs and watch as he puts her in his bed and grabs a t-shirt and shorts from a drawer. He turns around and hands me the clothes.