chapter eighteen: Halloween

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30th *THE DAY BEFORE HALLOWEEN*

10 am

Scarlett

The girls and I are busy cleaning the whole house while the boys are out buying drinks and supplies.

Tonight is one of the biggest parties of the year so far, the boys' are throwing one of Clarkson's many Halloween parties. The only difference is no one is looking forward to anyone else's more than theirs.

We're expecting no less than 100 people but preparing for close to 200. The house is surrounded by other college houses, so the chances of a noise complaint are low, but the possibility of campus police still showing up is always there. The big worry, though, is space. The boys have a large house compared to others and their yard is extensive but it's not big enough to house the amount of people I'm expecting to show up.

In order to keep the amount of people controlled, they have decided that two of the hockey freshmen will have to be the "bouncers" of the party. Making sure no unwanted guests show up and making sure it's not packed with puck bunnies either. People are well aware of the rule that they must be invited by someone or at least know multiple people inside.

The girls and I made fun of them for "turning into a frat party" but they insisted it was the only way to keep it under control.

We clean the kitchen, living room, downstairs bathroom and upstairs hall bathroom, and even straighten the boys' rooms up. Andrew and Noah both have their own bathrooms and Cameron and Seth have a shared bathroom, so we quickly cleaned those too. That was more for our sakes though not theirs.

By the time we're done cleaning and they are back from the store it's a little after noon. I make Mac & Cheese and chicken fingers for everyone before putting everything they bought away.

"Scarlett, when did you turn into the house mom?" Nat teases.

"Since none of you lazy asses do anything" I joke.

Cameron gasps, "I do my laundry!"

"Yeah, as you should. If any of you ever expect me to do your laundry, I'll scream."

Noah comes up behind me and kisses my head, "thank you for lunch babe."

Then he glares at everyone and they all quickly thank me too.

Alcohol wise, we have seltzers, beer, liquor, mixers, and ingredients to make jungle juice.

The party is BYOB but a good host always has extra for people who forget or are underage. (Don't drink underage).

We also have 2 kegs getting delivered that Andrew insisted on.

They have a huge drink dispenser with a lid that locks which is perfect for making jungle juice and making sure no one can tamper with it during the party.

We mix all of the different drinks together and even have assorted candy to add flavor as well.

Since this year, the party is half thrown by us girls as well, we obviously had to put our own twist on it. In the past, costumes have been optional, this year they are required by anyone who comes. We also decorated, there are streamers, candy bowls, pumpkins, and various other Halloween decorations scattered around the house and yard.

Several hours later, the four of us are all in Noah's room since it's the biggest. We have various make shift makeup stations set up and our costumes are all laid out. We were going to do couples costumes but the four of us really wanted to all match too. We decided that since it's our freshman year, and we probably won't all live together next year, we'll all match and the boys can deal.