Chapter twenty-two: "uh, used to be figure skater"

I know its been forever! I'm sorry! Enjoy the chapter:) also, I'm fully aware that, hockey season wise, this book is not accurate and that the season shouldn't have started until like October but its okay, we're adjusting as we go lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday December 6th

Finals week. A.K.A. the worst week of the semester. It's also a big week for the boys with an important game this weekend. Basically, this week will be full of studying and not seeing Noah, two of my least favorite things.

My first final is tomorrow at 11am and it's for the class I normally have on Wednesdays with the Boys. We've agreed to all study for a few hours today once they get out of practice. So that's why I'm here at the ice rink at 6:30 pm watching the boys skate drills on the ice while my dad yells critiques. 

"Whitlock! Maybe try blocking the damn pucks?" 

Seth looks annoyed and frustrated but nods to my dad anyway.

Normally practices are closed to viewers but being the coach's daughter does have it's perks sometimes. 

My dad walks over to the edge of the ice and calls me down from my seat.

"Do me a favor, honey?"

"Um maybe, what is it?"

"Well, the boys are a little slow on the ice and..."

"Just tell me what you want, dad." 

"Do a couple speed drills with them?" He looks at me pleadingly.

One secret I've tried really hard to keep is that I used to figure skate. It's not something I like to talk about and as far as most people are concerned here at Clarkson, I can't even skate. I used to compete and I absolutely loved it, but I got hurt and tore my ACL and couldn't compete. That was about 5 years ago. 

"Dad" I whined.

"I know you don't like to skate in front of other people but honey we both know that you're faster on skates than most of these boys and a figure skating speed drill is really what they could use." He gives me his begging eyes and I sigh in defeat.

"I don't have skates here."

He gives a guilty grin, "I have a pair of yours up in my office, I'll be right back."

"Oh you sneaky little.." I narrow my eyes at him. 

He walks off to go get my skates and I mentally try to tell myself I can do this. I'm not out of practice in the slightest, I still skate every once and while, but the last time I skated in front of anyone I got injured and I'm terrified of it happening again. 

The team is still doing a shooting drill when I see my dad motion for me to come into the hallway to put my skates on. Luckily for him I'm wearing leggings and socks that are okay to skate in. He leaves me and calls the boys into a loose huddle in the middle of the ice, their backs to me.

I put the skates on that still fit perfectly and make my way onto the ice. None of the boys have noticed me yet and with a bit of confidence I push onto the ice with all of my strength and build up my speed. I spot Noah's #3  and zoom past him.

The boys all whip their heads towards me with scared expressions on their face. Noah has a look mixed with shock and confusion as he watches me skate around the rink once more. 

I come up next to my dad as he addresses the team, "boys, as you probably know, this is my daughter, Scarlett. She's a figure skater and is going to run a few speed drills with you."