Bonus Chapter: ECAC Championship

Saturday February 26th. (This takes place BEFORE the epilogue of the first book. Still the same school year as book 1)

Championship game of the ECAC tournament. 

Clarkson VS Quinnipiac 

Noah's POV

"Is this the last period I'm ever going to coach you in?"

I'm sitting in the locker room on the bench in front of my temporary locker. We've already played 2 periods against Quinnipiac and we've got 3 minutes until we have to be back on the ice.

I turn my head to Coach who is now sitting next to me, staring at the lockers in front of us.

"I don't know, Coach." I say truthfully.

He turns to me with slightly glossy eyes, "I want you to know, I'm really proud of the man you've become these last 3 years. I hope to have you for one more but if this is all I get, I'm grateful for it."

"Fuck, Coach. You're gonna make me cry." I laugh as small tears gather in my eyes.

He laughs and pulls me in for a hug, roughly patting my back three times.

I pull back, "you act like this is goodbye, I'm still dating your daughter." I give him a playful smile and think about the beautiful girl who is sitting in the stands right now.

He nods, "yeah, you guys are good together." 

I fake shock and hold my hand over my heart. Coach and I got over our differences about Scarlett months ago and I know he approves of our relationship whole heartedly. Scar was quick to tell me about their phone call during our "breakup" back in December. 

He stands and pats my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Alright, time to focus up. I need one more win from you, Hale. Can you give it to me?"

I stand up and give him a nod, "you got it Coach."

The team and I make our way out of the locker room and onto the ice of the neutral rink. Like always, the championship is held in the Herbs Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, NY. Luckily for us, it's only an hour and a half from Clarkson.

I line up at the middle with the Quinnipiac center and wait for the ref to line up also.

My eyes glance to the scoreboard, 2-3. We need 2 points this period to win, and Seth needs to avoid letting any other shots in.

My eyes travel below the scoreboard, right behind the glass, where the most gorgeous girl sits. 

Scarlett is surrounding by the girls but her eyes are locked onto mine. She gives me a confident nod, telling me she knows I can do this. I give her a nod back and turn my focus back to the guy in front of me.

"She's hot, Hale. Championship play thing?" He says smugly.

I scoff at the question but don't provide a response. I've gotten better at keeping my composure when it comes to guys talking about Scarlett during games. Not perfect, but definitely better; I haven't been ejected from a game in a while.

"Players, ready?" The ref finally asks and we both nod.

The whistle blows and the puck is dropped.

We fight for possession but in the end I swipe it and hit it to where I know Andrew is waiting. 

He passes it to Elijah who skates it around the back of the net and tries to flick it in, but the goalie catches it. The crowd releases various groans and cheers depending on what team they're supporting.