Cutting Ties

"I tried to cover for you," You turned around and saw Adrien sitting on your couch.

"And what are you doing here?" You asked as you sat down next to him.

"Just wanted to rub it in and say... I told you so," Adrien said as he burst out laughing.

"Haha so funny," You said as you glared at him.

"Awe, come on don't pout," He said. "Hey, I'll try and get Nathalie to have some grace."

"You don't have too," You sighed.

"But I want to!"

"Honestly... You are a great friend," You smiled.

"Yep! That's the goal, being a great friend," Adrien said with a sheepish smile.

"Hey uh... Here, one second," You took out some paper and a pen and started writing.

Room may be bugged, same with my phone. I don't trust Luka and Felix... I overheard them talking about a 'boss' and following orders. I think they may be working with Hawkmoth.

"Y/n... I think you are reading into it too much. You are going through a really anxious time and you might be jumping the gun," Adrien said after he had finished reading the note. You nodded your head, not wanting to argue.

"I... You're probably right," You sighed. "Hey, Blondie."

"Yeah?"

"How do you expect to get out of my room? There are no windows and the door's locked till morning," Yeah questioned. There was a pause as Adrien looked around the room.

"I clearly didn't think this through," He said with an awkward laugh.

"Guess you're staying here till morning," You said as you flicked his forehead.

"Guess so," He said with a smile.

"Adrien? Where is my cheeeeeeeeese!" Plagg said as he phased through the wall.

"Y/n? If you're like Plagg then can't you do what he just did?" Adrien spoke weirdly, trying not to say kwami or bring up magic, in case the room was in fact bugged.

"Sadly, being like you takes away that ability," You rolled your eyes.

"Give me cheeeeeeese!" Plagg winned.

"Hey, Plagg! Adrien will give you the most cheese in the world... Only if you open the door," You said. Plagg quickly obliged and opened the door. "Problem solved, bye Blondie," You said as you escorted him out of the room.

"Why would me spending time with you be a problem?" He questioned.

"N-no! You're not the problem at all. There is no problem with that whatsoever! It's just that... I wouldn't want you to catch feelings for me or anything," You joked. There was an awkward pause and then Adrien spoke up.

"And why would me liking you as more than a friend be a problem?" He asked sincerely.

"I- uh... Well, it's just that you have Marinette! Marinette and you are practically made for eachother. Me and you... Impossible," You laughed awkwardly.

"And why is that so impossible?" He asked, raising his voice a bit.

"You and Marinette are literally soul mates, I could never come in between that!"

"What if I didn't like Marinette?" He responded, getting slightly irritated.

"But you do?! You said you liked her, you told me," You said, raising your voice as well.