Instigate

"Talk to him," Luka said as he patted you on the back.

"It's a waste of breath. I'll let him have the girl who stalked him, knows his exact schedule, and is a creep... because no matter what I do it will end up that way," You said with a fake smile.

"You okay Y/n?" Ladybug asked as she landed next to you.

"Just fine," You said in an irritated tone as you walked away. "I knew that would happen, the second I stop giving the cat boy my attention he moves on... I guess what he told me was all a lie huh. I thought he loved me, but I see him hanging off of Bug Eyes. You know what, good for him. I don't like him anyway," You rambled on to yourself as you walked through Paris. Suddenly you saw a black butterfly approach you. "Wow, so I can't feel emotions without becoming a supervillain!? THIS TOWN IS SO FUCKED UP!" You shouted angrily as you grabbed a flowerpot that was on a windowsill nearby and put it overtop of the akuma. You sighed as you pulled out your phone and texted Ladybug.

—————————-

Sending you my location, I have an akuma under a flower pot.

WHAT!

Just come and purify the akuma 😐

Cat Noir is closer, and I'm busy rn. I sent him your location and he is on his way.

But aren't you the only one who can purify it?

He can cataclysm the akuma, gtg bye

Bye

—————————-

You groaned in annoyance as you put your phone away, was this girl trying to irritate you!?

"Where is the akuma?" Cat Noir said as he jumped down from the rooftops, startling you.

"Don't just walk up on me like that!?" you replied.

"So you can just walk out on me, but I can't walk up to you?" Cat Noir remarked.

"Can you just move on already!" You shot back.

"Wow, how hypocritical of you to say that. Do my ears deceive me or was it not you who was jealous of Ladybug today... You said and I quote 'I thought he loved me, but I see him hanging off of ladybug'," He smiled.

"You eavesdropping alley cat?! Just cataclysm the akuma so I can leave!" You said angrily.

"You could have left the second I got here," Cat said with a frown.

"Well I can see when I am not wanted," You raised an eyebrow.

"I- It's not that... Well I mean it is. It's just that I know you think I am clingy, childish, and immature, so if you thought all that about me how come you were still my friend? Or were you just purposefully leading me on?" He questioned.

"I... Well, it's just that you and Ladybug are meant for each other. It's almost like fate. So why waste my breath on something that was never meant to be," You said with a weak smile.

"It's not a waste of breath if it makes you happy," Cat Noir said as he put his hand on your shoulder and looked you in the eyes. "Even if Ladybug and I are destined to be with each other, who's to say I can't rewrite my destiny," Cat continued as he pulled you into his chest and leaned his head on you.

"I-..." You didn't know what to say. You felt excited yet scared, what would this mean for the future. In every timeline, future, past, and present, the Ladybug and Cat miraculous holders have ended up in love. But now it was different, now something had changed. You had finally realized what had happened ", I'm not even supposed to be alive... Just forget about me, move on, pretend as if I never existed in the first place," You cried out as you pushed him and ran away with tears streaming down your face. When you had first met Marinette she treated you as if you were a problem, a mistake, with everything that had happened in the past few months you came to realize that she was right. If you had never survived that accident none of this would have happened. You felt as if you were better off dead. "I could solve everything right now. If I find Mr. Agreste and wake up his wife this could be all over. No more akuma's, Adrien would be happy, and I would no longer be around to cause any more problems..." You rambled on to yourself as you walked through the dimly lit streets of Paris. 

"Y/n! Stop, we need to talk! I can't just forget about you!" You turned around and saw Cat Noir trying to catch up with you. You wanted to run far away and never look back, but your feet couldn't move. You suddenly realized why you couldn't run.

"Cat Noir, hand over my miraculous," You said in a stern tone as you held out your hand.

"If I give it back will you tell me how you really feel?" He questioned.

"What is there to talk about! I have been over this before, you and Ladybug are meant to be so move on!"

"If you won't tell me how you feel then I won't give it back," He replied with a serious look on his face.

"Stop being so immature and hand it over," You gritted your teeth.

"Why do you even need it? Why can't I just keep it with me temporarily? Or do you not trust me? Do you think I will turn out just like my dad?"

"W-what?! No! I never said that!?" You panicked.

"Well, it was heavily implied."

"You are nothing like your father, and I would trust you with my life!"

"Then why do you need the miraculous?" Cat Noir asked.

"I- uh... Well, you see. I don't need it," You finished off with a sigh as you looked down at your wrist where your miraculous typically was.

"It is probably safer if I keep a hold of it for now," Cat said as he tilted his head slightly and smiled.

"I- I guess so..." You said as you turned around and walked away. You couldn't really tell him you needed the miraculous so that you could go off yourself, he would never let that happen. You slowly made your way back to the abandoned church and slept away your emotions. The next morning you woke up with a text message from Marinette inviting you to the park. She did say that there would be food so you reluctantly agreed. Before making your way over you checked the news to see if there would be anything on the most recent akuma attack. There was but it only talked about how Mr. Agreste and his assistant both had alibis during the attack. Once you got there you saw your whole class and some other students.

"Okay, now that everyone is here we can  start the summer BBQ!" Marinette said excitedly as everyone cheered.

"Why did you not tell me other people would be here?" You whispered to Marinette as everyone lined up to get food from a fold-out table.

"Because I don't think your love for food overcomes your hate of socializing," She laughed as she handed you a paper plate. You reluctantly got in line for food. Once you had gotten all the food you wanted you went over to the picnic blanket and sat down, trying to avoid talking to other people.

"Oh, Y/n! It's great to see you again, oh meet my ex Kagami," Adrien said with a smile.

"Oh, uh... Hi?" You said as you stood up from the picnic blanket and shook Kagami's hand.

"It is nice to be your acquaintance Y/n," Kagami said as she nodded her head.

"Oh? We're talking fancy now? Tis lovely to meeteth thee on this fine evening, I couldst only dreameth of crossing paths with thee once again. I desire thee feeleth the-"

"Stop babbling on like that, you sound like a fool," Kagami interrupted your Shakespearean greeting.

"Oh, uh..."

"Adrien, I am going to get food. Would you like me to grab some for you?" She asked.

"Oh no, that's all right Kagami," Adrien said with a smile as Kagami walked off. Adrien sat down next to you as you awkwardly stared at the ground to avoid eye contact. "Kagami is nice, isn't she," He sighed.

"Sure," You said as you took a big bite of your hamburger.

"I don't really have anywhere to stay right now because I am kind of avoiding my father. Do you think Marinette would be willing to let me stay at her place?" He asked with an innocent smile.

"I'm eating," You said in an irritated voice as you glared at him.

"I guess I'll just go ask her then," Adrien said as he stood up and walked away. Luckily for you, no one even acknowledged your existence for the rest of the BBQ.