Lucid

It was the day of the party! You had no class so you had the whole day to decorate. The whole school was lit up with fairy lights, Alya had someone come in and build a stage, there were a bunch of treats from Marinette's family bakery, and gorgeous decorations everywhere. It felt like a fairytale! Once the decorations were set up everyone went home to get ready. A hair stylist came in and curled your hair. Once they were done a makeup artist came and did your makeup, it was a simple yet elegant look. You finally put on your dress and mask. You took a moment to look at yourself in the mirror. If you told yourself a few years ago that you would be wearing such a gorgeous dress, she wouldn't have believed you. Everything felt so surreal.

"Y/n... Are you ready?" Nathalie asked as she knocked on your door.

"Yes," You responded as Nathalie came in.

"The boys have already arrived at the party so you will take the limo yourself," Nathalie said as she escorted you to the vehicle. You arrived at the party and the first thing you had to do was enter your alias into the voting system for the parties King and Queen. You had not really thought about what name to put... You looked at the ones that were already in the system for possible inspiration.
Lady Vixen
Queen Bee
Mr. Morpho
Lady Lotus
Prince Papilio
Mr. Musique
Queen Tyria
Sir Obsidian

Then a name came to you "Lady Lucid," you said as you wrote it out. You chose that name because lucid means bright or shining... Relating to angels... You get the point! Not to mention the alliteration!!! You made your way onto the dance floor, you felt slightly overwhelmed by the crowd, the dim lights and music all going at once. You made your way over to the food and just stood there as you ate some treats.

"And what is a pretty lady like you doing at the snack table all alone?" A guy who was wearing a gorgeous black suit with a black mask to compliment it asked.

"Trying to avoid socializing... But it seems like that is not working too well," You said with a laugh.

"Sorry for battering your plan," He then bowed slightly. "Sir Obsidian, at your service."

"Lady Lucid, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance," You said in a royal sounding voice.

"May I have this dance?" Sir Obsidian said as he politely held out his hand.

"I would be honoured," you replied as you placed your hand in his and he led you to the dance floor. You had never actually danced before so you were a bit uneasy.

"Just focus your eyes on me and sway to the music... I will guide you," Sir Obsidian said as he pulled you closer to him. For the first time in what felt like years you felt an overwhelming sense of peace, and tranquility. You wanted this moment to last forever. The song soon came to an end and Sir Obsidian walked with you back to the snack table. "Your beauty is intoxicating Lady Lucid. If it is not too much to ask, I would be honoured if you saved another dance for me on this fine evening," Sir Obsidian stated.

"I would love to," You said with a smile.

"Hey! Sir Obsidian, Lady Lotus is looking for a dance partner!" A girl wearing an orange and white dress said as she dragged him away.

"Of course Lady Vixen, I bid you farewell Lady Lucid," Sir Obsidian said as he slowly faded into the crowd with a wave. As the night went on you danced a bit but mostly stood next to the snack table.

"Hello, Lady Lucid I presume," A guy with a blue tuxedo and a black and blue mask that coordinated perfectly with his hair said.

"In the flesh," You said as you bowed your head slightly. Everyone was really getting into the masquerade ball character.

"I am Mr. Morpho, and it is an honour to be in your presence," He said with a smile.

"Oh, fun fact, morpho is a blue butterfly, and for reference it is the exact one I have on my dress! They are poisonous to eat, and have scales that overlap on their wings, refracting light similar to a prism... I'm rambling aren't I?" You said with a sheepish laugh.

"Well I think your rambling is cute," Mr Morpho said. The two of you talked for what seemed like forever, you had forgotten all about Sir Obsidian.

"This is the last dance before the reveal and the announcement of the King and Queen!" Lady Vixen said on the stage.

"Lady Lucid... I would love to spend the last few moments of this wondrous night with you," Mr Morpho said as he pulled you onto the dance floor with him.

"Be warned, My dancing skills are not the best," You said with a nervous smile.

"I am sure you dance perfectly, Angel," As Mr Morpho said these words your eyes widened with shock. The music began to play, and you danced with him. You couldn't let him know that you knew who he was, you needed to keep the upper hand. As the two of you danced it felt like he was leading the two of you away from everyone. You tried to take control and direct the two of you back to the crowd but he caught on. "You will follow me unless you want this party to be crashed by a friend of mine," He said with a smirk. You nodded your head as he took you up to your home room.

"What's your deal... Luka," You said angrily.

"Nothing personal, just following orders Angel" Luka said as he brushed his hand through his blue hair.

"Why... Why are you doing this? Why are you working with Hawkmoth?" You cried out. He turned away from you and looked out the window. You reached your arm out to try and get his attention.

"You can't talk me out of this so don't waste your breath!" Luka yelled at you as he wiped his head around and grabbed onto your wrist.

"Great work Luka," a girl said with a laugh as she and a guy in a grey outfit entered the room.

"Let me guess... Felix and Lila," You said with an eye roll.

"You're smarter than I thought," Felix said.

"If you guys think you're going to get away with anything you're mistaken! Ladybug and Cat Noir will have your head!" You said angrily as you pulled your wrist out of Luka's grasp.Suddenly you heard a few screams come from the party.

"The distraction has arrived," Lila said with a smile.

"I swear if you hurt anyone of them I will-"

"You'll what... Kill us? From the looks of it, you're outnumbered," Luka said as he stood next to Lila and Felix. Suddenly you felt a blunt force at the back of your head and everything went dark.