Missing Pieces

You woke up the next morning, and to your surprise the pain had dissipated. You sat up quickly feeling refreshed and awake. You whined as your stomach grumbled . You hadn't eaten in a while so made your way around the old cottage trying to find some food.

"What are you doing up?! You need to be resting and getting better!" Luka said in a groggy yet annoyed tone.

"I'm fine," You said as you playfully rolled your eyes.

"So from what I understand, you were kidnapped, almost beaten to death, got a chunk of glass in your back somehow, and you're fine?!"

"Yeah?"

"You're not fooling anyone. Now stop saying you're fine and let me see the cuts on your back."

"Why look at it if it doesn't hurt?" You huffed.

"Just let me see? Stop being such a brat," He rolled his eyes.

"Me?! A brat!? You're the pretentious Rockstar here, and you have the disrespect to call me a brat? Please," you scoffed.

"Well at least I got to where I am by hard work! You're just here because of daddies money, rich girl."

"First of all! My parents both work hard, and get paid because their job is high risk and high reward. Secondly, your music isn't even that good. You're only famous because your father is Jagged Stone!" You stated angrily.

"JUST SHUT UP AND SHOW ME THAT YOU'RE OKAY THAT'S ALL I ASK!" There was a moment of silence as you realized the gravity of what you said before.

"I- I'm sorry..." You said as you looked down trying your best to avoid eye contact. You could feel Luka's breath as he stood in front of you.

"I don't know why... But I feel as if I know you, and I'm worried about you," Luka said, his voice just above a whisper as he rested his chin on your head and pulled you in for a hug. You felt safe, and warm as he hugged you. Once he let go you nodded your head as you turned around and unwrapped the cut in your back.

"So? How does it look?" You asked as you broke the silence.

"It looks...Fine?" Luka said surprised.

"I told you," You said softly.

"No, it's not what you think... There isn't a single cut left, it's as if nothing happened? Not even a scar for proof?"

"What? How? Wait a second, this is a joke right?"

"Okay," Luka took a hold of your shoulders and turned you to face him. "I'm going to ask you this one more time, and I want the honest truth. Who are you?"

"I... I don't know- I know my name, where I'm from, my parents... But I don't know me, which kinda sucks," You let out a sheepish laugh ",Like, I feel as though I'm so close to figuring that question out, but I'm just missing one piece... One small piece that completes the puzzle, but without it the puzzle is useless." There was an awkward pause as you waited for a response. "Sorry, guess there's some things I shouldn't tell strangers, even if you feel a weird connection to them," you laughed.

"Don't apologize. We have been through enough trauma to last a lifetime, a bit of unsolicited venting is well earned," He smiled.

"Okay, well enough chit chat. We need to find a way out of here. Before Justice and her friends finds us and, or my parents find us... Both of those options end in death. Let's see," you started to walk around the house to get an idea of its architecture. "This house seems to have been made in the early 1900's since it seems to have bricks that were placed by a hand-held machine, which were popularized in the 1900's. But then again that is just a rough guess. It could have even been made in the 2000's, just by a builder who prefers older methods. What am I saying, the likelihood of that is slim... then again, it is in the midst of a forest so it could have been built by someone who didn't want disrupt wildlife by transport of heavy machinery-"

"Calm down," Luka said as he placed an arm on your shoulder, stopping you from rambling on. "Where did you even get all that information? And what does it have to do with finding a way out of the forest?" He laughed a bit.

"Sorry, for the rant... It just helps me to process things verbally."

"Don't be sorry, I honestly thought it was cute," Luka replied very casually. You felt your face heat up, as his voice rang through your mind.

"Okay so assuming that this house was built in the early 1900's and the owner spent the average 10 years... Then there should still be visible destruction from where they left!" You stated triumphantly.

"Oh my god, you are an actual genius!?" Luka said. The two of you made your way outside the building and looked around close by.

"I found somewhat of a trail!" You called out. There were a few seconds, and no response. "Luka?"

"Sorry... It just seems that I found a trail as well?"

A/N omg tysm for all the support on this fanfic! I do hope you are loving it so far!?!?! I never expected it to get so many reads, your guys are all truly amazing! Oh btw, I'm having fun rn just doing a lot of Luka fluff, so eat it up while it lasts!