🍩Bonus Chapter🍩

Diana and Pujit left for London to meet her parents. It was Pujit's plan. He didn't want to feel guilty about separating their daughter from her parents.

It had already been two years since they had been to London. Her parents had turned old and were happy to see their daughter after more than 30 years.

"Mummy! See, Di is not giving me my car. It's my birthday gift," the 5-year-old Kaustubh shouted and started crying.

"No. I'm not going to give it to you until I ride on this," the 6-year-old Vaidehi stated.

It was an official, licensed children's ride-on car with a 12V battery-powered electric four-wheeler for kids of ages three to eight. Actual working headlights, a horn, a movable rearview mirror, MP3 input and players, high/low-speed switches with doors that can open and close, perfect for kids to get their first taste of driving, provided with Manual and remote control driving modes. It was gifted by Manav to Kaustubh on his 5th birthday three weeks ago.

"Do whatever you want, but I'm not going to let you drive this car," Kaustubh shouted and pulled Vaidehi's hair.

With that, she started crying heavily.

"What the hell are you both doing?" Nandana said, keeping a hand on her six-month-old baby bump, entering the kid's room where they were fighting.

"Mummy... Kaustubh... pulled my hair..." Vaidehi said, crying.

"What did you do to him that he pulled your hair?" Nandana questioned sternly.

"I haven't done anything, Mummy... Without any reason, he did that..."

Before she could continue, Kaustubh said, "No, Mummy. She is not letting me drive my car... she is lying... I promise." He was on the verge of crying.

The pregnancy hormones were getting onto her, and so were these two. Every day, one or the other drama would happen in the house because of her two kids. But she knew how much she loved them - more than anyone else.

"I know what would have happened. Vaidehi, you should stop bossing your little brother. It's his gift. If you want one, then you should have asked us instead of irritating him daily. He is younger than you. You should pamper him and not fight with him. And since when did you start telling lies?" She stressed the last word, making Vaidehi feel guilty.

"Also, Kaustubh, what will happen if you let your sister ride your car once? And why did you pull her hair? She is your elder sister, and you should respect her. Shouldn't you?" Nandana questioned. "Say sorry to each other, and each one will drive the car on an alternative basis," she concluded.

When she said that, both apologised to each other and left the room to play.

It was almost 6 pm. Manav would come at any moment. As she was standing in front of the mirror, caressing her baby bump, thinking about how her life had changed, she didn't notice Manav's arrival.

"So..." he whispered in a husky voice, causing her to flinch.

"Oh... my... God... Manav... you frightened me," she said, placing a hand on her chest, which was beating fast.

"You look just like Kaustubh when you get frightened," he said, while pinching her cheeks he took out a chain out of pocket and hooked it around her neck making her gasp.