*3

Manav was in the middle of a conversation with Harij and suddenly Harij started to crack some silly jokes. It has been a long time since Manav has laughed wholeheartedly. Due to his father's health condition and taking care of the company. All of this has increased the stress and made him rude and arrogant. It has been six months since he has slept peacefully, so maybe that's why today he feels a little lighter and more happy, happy enough to show it. 

He was so busy laughing that he didn't notice someone staring at him but soon he felt like he was being watched and turned to see who it was. And found Nandana looking at him, she didn't blink or look away even after he stared back at her. She was gawking at him. 

He raised a brow and cleared his throat and that's when she realized that she was staring too long. Her eyes widen and she looked away in shame as she hurried back to her cabin. 

Manav thought she was so cute, innocent and beautiful. Her beauty would one day become the death of him. 

"Manav, it's lunchtime. Go and have your lunch. I'll go directly to the construction site after having my lunch. So don't wait for me to eat." Harij said and left. 

Manav turned and made his way to his cabin but was stopped by Oorvi. She wore a dark green spaghetti strap dress which has a low cut exposing her assets and a high slit till her mid-thigh.

"Manav, baby, shall we go for a romantic lunch date?" She winked and spoke in a seduced tone while tracing his biceps with her fingers. She bit her lip. 'I hated this bitch! Look at how she was dressed.' He mumbled under his breath

"Ms Oorvi Chatarji, please be professional. Is this the way you come to the office? Look at your clothes. This is not a prostitute house where you can seduce men whenever you want. Even they, too, have their work ethics." 

"Second thing, you are just a mere employee in my office. I gave a job to you because your father is my father's friend. He begged me to give you this job because you are just spoiling your dad's money for your so-called bitchy expenses."

"You are a burden to our company because you won't work at all and simply take your salary at the end of the month."

"I'm just doing this by seeing your father's face. From next time onwards you have to call me 'Manav, sir' like all the other employees." He shouted at her. She was trembling in fear.

"Where is the HR manager?" Manav roared, which made Oorvi flinch. Soon the peon left and brought the HR manager. "Sir... I'm the HR manager. Vivek." He said in a shaky voice.

"What the hell are you doing letting her roam around the office almost naked?!" he shouted at Vivek, pointing at Oorvi.

"Umm... sir, she is your father's..." 

Manav cuts him off, "I don't care who she is. If I see anyone not following our company's moral rules, then you will be fired," he said to Vivek while glaring at Oorvi. 

Vivek left with a bow of acknowledgement. And soon Manav did the same. Leaving Oorvi by herself, still shaking with fear. 

***

Nandana was still surprised by her behaviour, what was happening to her and was she attracted to Manav? this was rather unusual.