*7

It was a week before Sejal's wedding. She was busy sending her wedding invitations through the mailbox to her relatives from other places.

"Sejal, write an invitation for Nandana. Also, we are going to her home," Lakshmi said with a smile. She looked so weak as she was not eating properly and had not been taking her medicines on time.

"Why, Maa? Don't you want to see Di happy at her Sasural, too? Is there anything left to bash her on? I never thought that you would hate Di for such a silly reason," Sejal said in a sarcastic tone.

Lakshmi started crying. "Sejal, don't talk like that...Nandana is my daughter."

"Haha, O.M.G., this is the joke of the century," she said while raving her hands. "Daughter? Where was your love for your so-called daughter all these years, Huh?!

"Maa, if you want Di to be happy, just don't show your face to her. You don't even deserve her forgiveness. If I was in Di's place, you can't even imagine what would I have done to you. So stop all this drama." With that, she left the house to send the invitations.

Lakshmi went to her room, slumped on the bed, and started crying. There she heard a voice.

"Why are you crying, Lakshmi? Have you ever heard of karma? It's a bitch. It will give you everything that you deserve."

She searched for the source of the voice. Then she found a lady who looked just like her talking to her through the mirror.

"Do you know how many times Nandana cried these last few years? Have you ever treated that innocent soul like a human being? What mistake did she commit? It was you and your husband who couldn't control yourselves. All these years you blamed Nandana for your mistake. What is the use of crying now? You lost your elder daughter forever because of your immaturity."

Lakshmi started shouting and closed her ears. "Stop this nonsense. Why doesn't anyone understand my perspective?"

Her look-alike started to laugh from the mirror. "Lakshmi, you can't stop the world from telling you the truth by closing your ears. What is there to understand about your point of view? You couldn't control your hormones and that's why you got pregnant. For that, your parents abandoned you. Any parent would do the same in that position, what is Nandana's fault in it? But what you have done to Nandana is a sin. You don't deserve Nandana's forgiveness. You won't be forgiven for your sins by God. You destroyed an innocent girl's childhood."

Her look-alike then started to tell her what she had told Lakshmi for years:

"Her naked soul needs your love,

Hold her hands tight on paths that are rough.

Your acceptance will heal her wounds,

Look into her eyes warmly when she would clown might choose you for her,

Let her dream and help her in flying higher.

Appreciate her loving presence in your life,

Don't limit her existence just till being someone's wife.

Give her your shoulders to cry on,

Be an angel in her life whom she can rely on."