*2

Diana woke up at four-thirty in the morning to give her husband medicine for his severe heart problem, which he had been recovering from for the past six months. She found that her son's room had the lights turned on. She opened the door and saw that her son, Manav, was still working on his laptop.

"Manav, you’re still awake? It’s four-thirty, sweetheart."

"Yes, Mama, I know. But I can't sleep. Our company needs the best financial advisor, as you know since the last one committed fraud and I had to dismiss him. So now I have to check the finances of our company until a new financial advisor is appointed."

"I understand, Manav. But for the past six months, you have been working like a dog. Just rest for a few days."

"I can't, Maa because this company is the symbol of Dad's hard work. I can't rest until I can get back its pride. My work will bear fruit if I get a financial advisor."

"Okay, Manav. But once you think about your marriage, as I told you before, if you get married then your wife can take care of you."

"Maa… for every problem you have one solution and that is my marriage. Isn't it?" He chuckled. "As of now, I haven't thought about marriage and all. My main focus is to bring back the company's pride. It's not that I won't marry. I haven't found anyone yet. If you find someone, I'll marry her." He said in one go.

"Okay, I'll talk to your father about it, then. Now, go to sleep. I'm turning off the lights now."

"Okay, Maa." He chuckled and nodded his head at his mother's innocence. He closed his laptop and went to bed. 

--------------------

Manav’s phone was constantly beeping, which disturbed his sleep. He didn’t open his eyes as he lifted the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Abe kuttey, Haram Zade Mujhey Raat bhar Kam karwaya aur tuh soh Raha hai Kumbh Karan ki Bhai jaisey?" (You idiot, you made me work all night and you are sleeping like Kumbhkaran's brother?)

"Yaar, sorry Harij, what time is it?" He opened his eyes, rubbing them.

"It's ten o'clock. Now get your ass up and come to the office, quickly."

"Okay, Baba, sorry."

-----------------------

He got ready and came downstairs. There, he found his parents and younger sister waiting for him to have breakfast.

"Good morning, everybody."

"Good morning,” his parents and younger sister said in unison.

When he was about to sit to have breakfast when he got a call from Harij.

"Hello, Harij… Yes, I'm ready and about to leave for the office… Okay… Till then, you can start the interviews."

"Mom, Dad, I have to leave. I'll eat something at the office,” he took his parent’s blessings and left for the office in his Lamborghini.

"I will kill this CEO today! He is making me come to his office like a lost puppy for a mere interview,” Nandana was frustrated.