Chapter 1: We lost them

I stayed on my knees and listened to my own sobs along with the rest of the groups. Seeing Glenn and Abraham murdered in front of us was nothing we ever thought we would have to experience. "What was a joke that bad" the man responsible joked. I took a few glances around and saw everyone broken. His name was Negan. We met with Hilltop a while ago and they told us there was only one outpost. We took it out and thought we dealt with the saviors. We were clearly wrong as now at least one hundred men surrounded us. I saw my father Rick broken. That was how I knew things were bad. My dad was one of the strongest people I knew besides Daryl. Negan originally killed Abraham first. Flashbacks of a few seconds ago came flooding back. Negan began taunting it to Rosita which didn't help anything. That was when Daryl used what little energy he had and hit Negan causing Negan to then kill Glenn. I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard Negan speak up again. "We will be right back and maybe Rick will be with me. Or not" he said getting into the RV. I looked around for reassurance. I looked at Daryl who was staring at the ground. He was one of my closest friends. We never had anything passed that. He helped me tell my dad I was Bisexual. He helped me through the death of my girlfriend when walkers broke into Alexandria. My younger brother Carl was close to me and also looking at the ground. We didn't want to make eye contact with anyone of the saviors. 

Maybe two hours passed and it was once again light outside. The whole reason we were out was to get Maggie to Hilltop. She was pregnant with Glenn's baby and just had to watch him get killed. In the distance we heard the RV coming back. Negan dragged my dad out of the RV and my dad looked completely drained. "Alright take your guns and line them up directly with there noses because if you have to pull the trigger it will leave a huge mess" Negan said. I felt the barrel of a handgun align at the back of my head. "Kid come here" Negan said pointing at Carl. I watched Carl hesitantly stand up and walk over to where Negan stood above my father who was still broken on the ground. Negan began to undo his belt and took it off. He wrapped it around Carl's left hand. "Are you a leftie kid" he asked. Carl didn't respond but just started at Negan. He motioned for a response and Carl shook his head. "Good" he said tightening the belt on Carl's arm. "That hurt" he asked next. "No" Carl responded. "Hmm It's supposed to" He said forcing Carl to the ground. "Simon do you got a pen" Negan asked. "Yeah" Simon responded as I watched him throw a pen to Negan. He drew a mark on Carl's arm. "Rick. I'm going to need you to cut your son's left arm off. Right on that line" he asked. I froze when I heard those words. "Now I know its messed up to ask but I'm going to need it to be like a salami cut. Clean one hit. We have a good doctor the kid will be fine. Probably" Negan laughed. My dad clearly was trying to convince Negan to do it to Rick instead. "Jesus. Do I need to count" Negan said chuckling. "Fine you win Rick I am counting. 3!" he said louder. "Please" my father pleaded. "2!" Negan yelled out. "Wait" I called out without thinking. Negan looked at me in shock. "I'm sorry I don't think I got your name sweetheart" Negan said looking at me. "I'm Maddy Grimes. Don't hurt him please" I said looking at Carl. "Well I didn't expect you to be another one of his kids. Damn" Negan said walking over to me. "Today is your lucky day kid. Your badass sister just saved your arm" Negan said pulling Carl back up and walking him back in line. Negan walked over to me and crouched down in front of me. "Don't touch her" Daryl grunted. Negan smirked and looked at Daryl. "Dwight load him up in the truck" Negan said glancing back at him. I stayed silent as I waited for what Negan would do next. Negan grabbed my arm and pulled me up with him. "You have a week and I will be at your gates for my first shipment. You better have some good shit. Now since it will be your first order I will go easy on you but don't fuck it up or well might have some more people like the ones on the ground dead right now" he chuckled. He pulled me to the truck and put me in the back with Daryl. I heard the protests coming from Carl but knew there was nothing he could do. I sat in the corner and was basically frozen. Daryl ran up next to me and hugged me. I cried into his chest and had no idea what to do. I was exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally. "I'm not going to let him touch you" he said. The vehicle came to a stop and Daryl backed away from me just in case. They opened the back door and I saw a completely new place. "Dwight take Daryl to a cell. I will take Maddy with me" Negan said smirking. I was terrified of what he would do to me. Dwight took Daryl by the arm and Negan grabbed my wrist. I winced slightly but didn't make it to obvious. Ever since my girlfriend dies about a month ago I haven't been the same. Not eating cutting getting dangerously drunk and so much more shit. I kept my head down as he led me through the halls. I watched people kneel while Negan passed. Negan brought me to a room and I kept quiet. "Not the nicest one here but it will do. I have some questions for you" Negan said letting go of my wrist which also made me wince. "So Maddy how old are you" he said first. "27" I said quietly. He was writing some stuff down but didn't ask anything else. "Please don't hurt Daryl" I said. "Why. He your fuck buddy your something" Negan said looking up at me. "No but he has gotten me through so much" I said looking down. "Oh yeah like what sweetheart" Negan said closing his notebook. I froze. This man just killed two of my friends and he expects me to tell him some things I barely trusted my own father with. "Uh. Things" I said looking down. My medium lengthed black hair covered my eyes. I hid my hands in my red and black flannel and didn't look at Negan. "Oh just because I asserted dominance doesn't mean you can't trust me so tell me so I don't kill your friend." Negan said. I sighed and looked around. "He got me threw the death of my girlfriend and helped me come out to my father" I said terrified of his response. "Oh so your a lesbian" Negan said leaning back. "Bisexual" I said sighing "Awesome. No promises on your friend but I'll try my best. I will have someone bring you some clothes. Make your self comfy" Negan said getting up and walking out. I stood up but almost fell back down. I knew I was dehydrated. I was doig anything that may kill me. I hated the thought of leaving Carl and my dad and Judith and Daryl and every one but I didn't want to be here anymore. I walked into the bathroom and saw a shower. The temptation got to me and I took a quick shower. Well I sat there. I looked around and noticed the razor. I didn't have my knife anymore so I grabbed it. I caved and ran it over my wrist. I heard the door open and it startled me. I looked at the 4 cuts and turned the water off. I wrapped the towel around my body and saw clothes on the counter. I got dressed but quickly noticed that there was no long sleeved item. I grabbed my flannel and put it back on. I noticed a few drops of blood on the ground and cleaned it. I heard the door open once again and went to see who it was. I saw Negan and he grabbed my wrist. I once again winced at the pain but I don't think he noticed.