Chapter 15: Taken Charge

Walking back to my room I was completely shocked. Negan was most likely dead. How the hell did he die. How was he not the first person back inside. How was he not everyone's first concern. I walked in my room and saw all my dad's plans. I didn't think he would lead a walker hoard right to us. I knew he was petty but I didn't know he was that fucking petty. I laid in my bed and just starred at my ceiling. It would take a miracle if Negan was somehow still alive. If my dad wasnt the one to kill him then it was the walkers. 

I heard a knock on my door and slowly opened it. It was Laura. "Hey what's up" I said. "So your the one Negan seemed to trust the most. We decided that until Negan's back your in charge" she said. "What" I asked shocked. "You know most about Rick and the others. Until we find out what happened to Negan we need you to take charge" Laura said. "Okay" I said. She nodded and left. I shut the door and sat at my desk. I looked at all the plans I already had. I folded them up and sat them aside. All that was in my mind right now is getting rid of the walkers that were surrounding us. 

I had a few ideas. We could just use guns get our way threw. Or use a car to lead them away. I heard another knock on the door. "Come in" I said turning around. I saw Arat and Laura this time. "What's wrong" I said noticing the worried look on both there faces. "People are getting anxious. We need someone to try to explain this" Laura said. "Why me" i asked. "Negan trusted and defended you the most. Just try to think of something. Just don't mention how Negan might be dead" Arat said. I nodded and took a deep breath. I walked with them to the main room and yeah saw everyone talking. I walked out and was on the railing that Negan would stand. Everyone went quiet once they saw me. "I understand that everyone is worried right now. However I am here to tell you that everything is going to be fine. We have everything under control" I said. "Where's Negan" I heard someone yell. "He is not here right now. He is currently dealing with his on things and I am in charge until his return." I said. "What has your dad done to us" I heard someone else yell out. "I don't know. But it isn't going to last. We are going to figure this out. I am already working on a way to get the walkers away from here." I said. I heard a few reassured breaths and people seemed slightly relieved. "Eugene come help me with something" I said. Everyone was still looking at me as Eugene got up to where I was. "Dismissed" I said. Everyone went back to what they were doing. "Do you know a way that we can use anything we have hear to get the walkers away from here" I asked while walking with him threw the hall. "I am sure I can think of something. Shouldn't be that difficult. I have access to enough supplies that if something doesn't happen soon I can probably figure it out." he said. "Good. We need to figure out if Negan is still alive to. I don't know where he would have gone but if he is still alive and if he is out there we need to get him in here somehow. I'll hold a meeting in 2 hours let the others know" I said and walked back to my room. I had to plan a little bit. I felt in control. In charge. Something my father never let me feel. And if Negan was alive and I was about to find him then I wanted him to know that I was staying with the saviors. And I was really missing him. The last encounter we had was an argument. And I wish I didn't say anything. But at the same time it needed to be said. 

I had a few things planned out and made my way to the meeting room. People finally showed up and I thought over everything. "We need to find out if Negan is alive or not and we need to get rid of the walkers" I said. "How. We are surrounded we open the door we don't have the ammo to take them all out" Dwight said. "We need to find a way to lead the walkers away. By a vehicle or something from here. If Negan is out there we need to get him in here" I said. "What if Negan's dead" Dwight asked this time. "If he is dead I think we can all agree that Maddy is the one he would want in charge. She is the next best thing and the only person who was close enough to Negan to know what to do" Laura said. "Yeah she was real close to Negan" Dwight said. I glared at him. "What's that supposed to mean" I asked. "You know exactly what I mean" he said. "Dwight let me ask you this. How the hell is it all the sudden Sherry is just gone. She seemed to be pretty loyal to Negan. Why would she up and leave. And your saying you had nothing to do with it" I said starring at him. He was silent. "Mind your own damn business. What happened with me and him isn't your concern. And sorry that no one trusts you enough to take over. Fuck you." I said. That's when we heard all the people in the hall. "They aren't supposed to be up here." I said as we all ran out. People were yelling and trying to push into the rooms. "Everyone go back to work now" I yelled out. "Where's Negan" I heard someone yell. I reached for my pistol just in case. Before I could even answer the question a shot was fired. "Where is he" the person with the gun. I grabbed my gun and fired it in the air causing everyone to shut up. "Enough. Negan will be back. Until then you all need to go back to work. Now" I said. Before they had a chance to I heard the similar sound of Negan's whistle. All the workers fell to their knees leaving me and the others who work primarily for Negan remained standing. Me and Negan made eye contact. "I appreciate all the people worried about me but it seems I need to remind you who I am. I am Negan. I wear a leather jacket. I have Lucielle and my nut sack is made of steel." he said. I then noticed Gabreial along side him. "Dismissed" he finally said. We made eye contact again before I walked back to my room. At least he was still alive.