Chapter 19: Rules broke

I knew he was right. I had to tell my dad. It wasn't something I could simply keep from him. Is he a dick? Yeah. Do I want him in my child's life? I have no idea. But it wasn't something I could just keep from him. 

I woke up to the know famillar feeling of being really nauseas. I ran into the bathroom and as suspected threw up. I leaned against the wall after flushing everything away and just sat there. A few minutes later Negan walked in. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up" I said. "Don't worry about it" he said helping me up. He walked me back to my bed. "So when you going to face your dad" he asked. "Today" I said. "Want some help" he asked. "You go it will be a battle before we even get to the gates. Plus you need to find a way to get the walkers away" I said laying back. "Fair enough. But you think your dad is just going to let you walk right in there. Especially with your relationship right now" he asked. "If he doesn't, Carl will" I said. Negan didn't say anything else he just laid beside me in silence. I soon fell back asleep. 

I woke up a few hours later and Negan was already gone. I sat up and looked around. I wasn't really ready to tell my dad but I didn't want to wait. I didn't want to make Carl wait. I stood up and walked over to my dresser pulling out a black tanktop, a pair of jeans, and a red and black flannel. I got dressed and grabbed my boots also putting them on. I walked over to my fridge and saw a note tapped to it. 

"I took your alcohol back to my room so you aren't tempted to drink your problems away within the next nine months"

I sat it on my table and rolled my eyes. I grabbed a bottle of water and walked into my bathroom with it. I began brushing by hair and teeth. After that I grabbed my handgun and knife off my night stand and put my belt/holster on. I walked out the door and made my way to the armory. I grabbed an automatic and began walking towards Negan's room. 

I got about halfway there when I heard someone talking to me. "I still can't believe you gave up being his wife" Someone said. I turned around and saw Amber walking towards me. "I am walking proof that you don't need to be his 'wife' to be with him." I said. "Wow. You were a lying bitch then and you still are" she said. I glared at her. "You better watch it" I said. "Or what. You getting worried about your little baby you have in there. Dont want to get to stressed" she said. I just kept glaring at her. "I over heard you and Carsons little talk" she said. "It isn't your business" I said turning around. I heard her footsteps still following me. When I turned back around she punched me. I fell back and she was still coming at me. I stood up quickly pushing her back and kicking her. She kept running at me until i pushed her onto the floor. I puled out my handgun and aimed it at her. She stood up and froze. "Don't take another step" I said. She just starred into the gun. "Your not gonna shoot me" she said. I made it very noticeable that there was a bullet in the chamber and took a few steps forward so I was even closer. "Wanna rethink that" I said. She didn't take her eyes off the gun. I heard whistling coming from Negan and watched as she dropped to her knees. My gun followed her. I kept it aimed not even turning to see Negan. He came up next to me and stopped. "What did she do" he asked. "Tried to fight me. Punched me. Tried to kill me" I said. She looked really confused. "She tried to kill you" he said walking forward. She shook her head in a panic. "Why do you think that" he said standing halfway between both of us. "When I pushed her back I felt some kind of handle. I didn't have enough time to grab it. I couldn't tell if it was a knife or a gun" I said still holding the gun up. I saw Negan turn to her as she began to freak out. "No I- She's lying I don't have anything" She said on the verge of crying. "Dwight, Dj. Check her" Negan said. Dwight and Dj both walked past us and pulled her to her feet. The began to frisk her and Dj pulled a knife out of her waistband of her shorts. She closed her eyes and began to cry. "Well would you look at that" Negan said. Dj pushed her back to her knees and handed the knife to Negan. "Not only did you attack Maddy. And not only did you steal a knife from the armory, you lied about it to me. And to Maddy" Negan said looking at her. "Please. I'm sorry. I wanted to protect myself" she cried out. "And you keep lying. You know damn well that Me, Maddy, Dwight, Dj and all the other people here protect the workers. Even the ones who are being punished. You wanted to kill Maddy cause she took your spot as the favorite and even holds that title without being a wife" he said. I just held the gun there. Still steady. Still ready to shoot. She didn't respond. "Didn't you" Negan yelled out. "Yes. Yes I wanted to kill her" she cried out. Negan sighed. "Maddy it's up to you. You can either shoot her or I can do something publicly. Either kill her publicly or do another rule enforcement." he said. I looked at him then back to her. I held the gun for another second before lowering it. "Rule enforcement" I said. "You heard her. Bring her down stairs. Start the iron and make sure there is a readied cell. Get everyone down there in 45 minutes" Negan said. Dwight and Dj did just that. Negan walked up to me and grabbed my free hand. "Why did you let me choose" I asked. "Cause you need the practice" he said. Without saying anything else he leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed him back and put my free hand on his face. He finally pulled away and just smirked. "Lets go darling" he said putting his hand on my back right above my ass. I holstered my gun and we walked like this all the way to the main room. 

We finally got there and everyone was there waiting for us. They all kneeled as soon as we walked in the door. Amber sat nervously in the same chair she sat before. Negan sighed. "What keeps this place together" He said out loud slowly walking down the stairs. He grabbed my hand forcing me to come with him. "Rules" Everyone responded. "That's right. And what happens when you break those rules" he asked again. "Punishment" Everyone responded. We finally reached the bottom of the stairs. We kept walking until we were in the very center of everything and he let go of my hand. "Amber. This is your second time here. and you should feel really fucking lucky right now" he said laughing a little. He looked around. "Maddy first came here on the opposite side. You all know that. Watched two of her friends get killed and stepped up to save her brother. And I know you were all a little pissed off at me for not killing her right there. But eventually she got with the program and wanted to be my wife" he said looking at me. I didn't say anything. I only looked around. "And that was when Amber had her first problem with her. Cause even before Maddy was officially my wife she was considered to be the favorite and this pissed Amber off. So she tried to kill her. And she got punished. She lost her role as a wife became a worker and everything was fine. Well not really" he said. "Amber was about to try to kill Maddy again. Stab her. And Maddy being the badass that she is pulled her gun on her. Held her there. Was about to shoot before I stepped in. And I gave her the option to either kill Amber right there, or to have her be publicly punished. Again" he said stepping in front of Amber. "She chose this" he said. "Negan you have to believe me. She planted the knife on me. She is working for her dad and giving them information please" she cried out. Everyone looked at me. "Maddy. What do you say to that" Negan asked. I looked at him in shock that he'd even ask me if it was true. "I'm not some backstabbing bitch. I don't talk to my dad. Unless I have to" I said looking at Negan. "You lying bitch. Negan please you have to believe me" she cried out. Negan looked at me. "Maddy what were you doing before she attacked you. "I was getting ready to go to Alexandria. To talk to my dad" I said. "See" she yelled out. I watched everyone get tense. Negan also noticed. "Before you all freak out and actually believe Amber, Maddy is pregnant. That's why she is going there" Negan said. Great. Public announcement for my pregnancy. Wonderful. "She's baby trapping you" Amber yelled out. "Amber if you don't shut the fuck up I will  have Maddy shoot you right now. I saw the whole thing" he said. She immediately shut up. Negan sighed and looked around. "Amber, you know I hate doing this. I never want to. No matter who it is. It could be you. Davey. I never like it. But you broke the rules" he said. He walked over to the furnace and put on the gloves. Dwight pulled out the iron and Negan grabbed it. Two of his workers grabbed the hand that hadn't been burned yet and held it there. "After I burn your other hand you will be locked in a cell and only aloud out under supervision. For a long time" he said. She cried even more. And the next time you do something to Maddy. I am going to let her kill you" he said. She closed her eyes and Negan pushed the iron against her hand. She let out a gut wrenching scream. It however gets a little easier to handle. I hate the scream. But it's not as bad as the first time I saw it happen. I took a deep breath and watched as she passed out. After he lifted the iron his men carried her to a cell. "Dismissed" Negan yelled out.