Chapter 11: Changes

I laid in my bed processing what had just happened. It was all going by so fast. I really killed Olivia. And if my aim would have been off it would have been Carl. I kept thinking that I didn't want to be one of Negan's wives. I wanted to be out there fighting like the rest of his people. I wanted to help out. I didn't want to stay behind looking cute and being used as a sex toy whenever Negan felt. 

I was laying there when the door opened. I figured why not say something about it. "Negan perfect timing I was hoping to talk to you" I said standing up. "Oh yeah. What about darling" he said sitting his bat against the wall. "I want to be out with your other men. Going to Alexandria to get stuff. Or any other community that you know of." I said.  "My wives don't do that" he said looking me up and down. "I want to be out there. Running a group. I killed one of my own people for you. I'm ready" I said. "Fine. If you want to give up the luxury of being a wife then you can. I will get you a new room and you will be in charge of a group. Simon just cause me some trouble so I want you to take control of the group that goes to a community called Hilltop. Have you heard of them before." He asked. "Uh my dad might have known them. He always mentioned them but he never really let me get into any of his stuff" I said. It wasn't a complete lie. I never actually went to Hilltop. My dad did. Daryl. "Ok. Get whatever stuff you have so I can move your room" he said. "I don't have anything" I said. He nodded and picked up his bat. I followed him out of the bedroom and into a new hallway. I didn't even know it existed. It wasn't as nice but it was just one step down. It was still nice though. "Clothes are in the closet and dresser he said leaving. I stood there. I felt like he was upset about this. I mean he did say I was his favorite. I walked over to the dresser and saw a pair of ripped jeans. I grabbed them then walked over to the closet. I saw a black tank-top and a jacket. I grabbed them and put them on. I saw a pair of black boots and put those on two. I sat the jacket on my bed and looked around the room. It was a little smaller then the last one but was bigger then the first room I was in. I was also kind of happy that I was going to be going to Hilltop. And leading a group of people going to Hilltop. I got a knock on the door and opened it to see another girl. "Hi I'm Laura. Negan is holding a meeting and told me to get you" she said. I nodded and followed her. It felt nice. I never expected to be joining the group and working for him like I was. I got to the meeting room and people were getting there. I walked in and saw Negan sitting there. "We are running low on fresh foods. Crops. Stuff from Hilltop. So to start it off Maddy, I need you to bring a group out to Hilltop. Get a general list of what we will need." He said. 

The meeting lasted about 30 minutes before Negan said something that caught my attention. "I have Rick wrapped around my finger. He had nowhere to go." he said. "I don't know about that. My dad. He will find a way to get back. And I mean after the last encounter. I don't know. Knowing him we need to start thinking about the chances of an attack" I said. "What makes you say that" Dwight said. I looked at him then back at Negan. "No one can make my dad stay quiet. Yeah you might get him to follow you for a few weeks but after awhile he will revolt. He has crossed paths with a lot of people. I mean he killed his bestfriend for the safety of the group. So he isn't going to hesitate to kill a bunch of people that killed his people. I'm just saying knowing him he will somehow fuck what is going on up" I said. "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you Maddy" Negan said ending the meeting. I walked back to my room and got a small list together. 

Shortly  I heard a knock on my door. "Come in" I said not looking up from my plans. It was Negan. "Hey I'm getting ready to head out now" I said standing up. "Ok. One thing that you might not have written down that doctor. Dr. Carson. We need him" he said. "What about that doctor we have now" I asked. "He suffered a causality." Negan said. "Ok" I said. He nodded and left. 

I grabbed a gun and a knife and a holster. I got the small group I was taking together and we were getting ready to leave. I got into the truck and Laura was driving. "You seem nervous" she said. "I feel like my dad is planning an attack. I don't want the sanctuary to fall. I don't know if Negan fully understands that I know how my dad thinks" I said. "If he is smart he will figure it out. Also I thought you were one of his wives" she asked next. "I hated being stuck in a dress. I felt worthless. I can fight. My dad never let me and wasn't going to let Negan do the same" I said. "Makes sense" she said. I nodded and noticed we were close to Hilltop. 

We pulled into the community and I got out. "Your early. Where is Simon" some old guy said walking up to me. "Simon won't be coming here anymore. I'm Maddy. Maddy Grimes and I am going to be taking over here" I said smiling. "Negan didn't tell me about this" he said. "I don't think he needs to. I'm pretty sure whatever he says flies so he doesn't owe you any explanation and neither do I" I said. "Fair point" he said. I nodded and walked forward. "Ok you guys know what we need. I'm going to get a few personal requests from Negan" I said to the group. They all nodded and went to work. I had a general idea of where everything was. I saw my dad's plans for this place. I don't know how he got them but he did. "Can I help you with something" he asked. "I need Dr. Carson" I said. "Why" he asked. "I do not owe you an explanation" I said. He glared at me and brought me to the medical trailer. "Dr. Carson" I said. "Um yeah what can I do for you" he asked. "Special request from Negan. Last doctor died. You have been selected to take on the role" I said smiling. "What about my people here. I can't leave them" he said. "They will have to figure it out" I said. He finally agreed and he walked over to the truck. 

The people I brought got all the stuff we needed and we were ready to leave. "Be honest with me Gregory has anyone showed up here that weren't supposed to" I asked. "No and I think you have all you need" he said. I looked at him. "I'm gonna warn you know. Stop being a sexist asshole. Negan will not be very happy to find out that your being disctimminative towards his people" I said smiling. He nodded and I got in the truck. And we left we made out way back to Sanctuary and it finally felt like I belonged.