Chapter 25: All Over Again

"How long do you think it will take" I asked Negan. We had walked back up to his room. "Depends. Probably not long though." he said taking the sheets off his bed. "Sorry about that" I said giggling a little bit. "No worries sweetheart" he said. "So how you feel about your daddy potentially turning into one of those things" he said walking up to me. I just shrugged. "Most of them don't honestly care about me anymore so" I said. He smiled. "That's my girl" he said. He kissed me once. It seemed like it lasted an eternity. "I got to go darling. Keep your self busy. Either in here or in your room. In any room. Just do not leave this place. Understand" he said grabbing my chin. "Fine" I said rolling my eyes. He smiled and kissed my forehead before leaving. 

I looked around the room and was honestly a little nosey. I began opening drawers but didn't find anything that would interest me. "Ugh" I huffed before laying on the bed. 

I left the room and went to get something to eat. Haven't had anything since earlier and a lot has happened since then. I made it there and guess who I saw working with a guard behind her. The one and only Amber. I laughed a little before picking out my lunch/early dinner. Amber shot me a glare but wrote my name down. "You know you should really realize that you cant do anything to me" I said taking the clipboard and pen. I could tell she was gonna say/do something. "Watch it. Guard behind you wont hesitate to kill you. You'll be on the floor faster then you can even blink" I said. I threw the clipboard back on the table. "Have a nice day" I said glaring at her before walking towards my room. 

After being restrained to my bed for the duration I was on bed rest I was beginning to get out of shape. I wasn't constantly on runs or doing stuff anymore. Not nearly as much as I was anyway. I quickly ate my lunch and opened a new pack of paper. I was planning on doing nothing but strategize a way to end this. 

I started with the fake plan. If we could bait Dwight into taking a fake copy of the battle plans to my dad and the others we could get them right were we wanted them and end this. I wanted to talk to Negan about maybe saving a few and making them work. But my dad. I wouldn't mind killing. The way he has treated me the past few months, hell my whole life. I was ready for it to be done. Once and for all. 

I spent maybe an hour thinking of the best fake plan I could. Then I started on the real one. A location on a hill that gave us the advantage against the other. They could maybe take down a few of us but not nearly enough to kill all of us. Or win the war for that matter. 

Both the plans were complete and I glanced at my clock. It was going on 5 pm and there hasn't been any word about what was going on. It made me a little nervous to think about. What if something went wrong. How would we know. Negan told me if anything ever happened to him I was meant to be the next in charge. I knew Simon would be pissed and I knew Dwight would be scared shitless since I knew of his secret alliance. But I was who he trust most. I knew the most. I was the next best after him. 

I wrote up some more plans until my hand was extremely tired. It was going on 8 now and I was starting to get hungry. I know it sounds crazy but Negan saved me. I hadn't eaten in 3 days when he took me. Now I am eating 3+ meals everyday. 

I walked back down to the lobby and grabbed my dinner. It consisted of items to make a sandwich, small basket of strawberries from Hilltop, and lemonade mix from Alexandria. Perfect meal. "You again" Amber said drawing my attention to the fabric table. I just chuckled a bit. "Yeah I'm not contained to a cell everyday, I can get whatever I want when I want it" I said signing for my stuff. The kid who handed me the clipboard barely looked 16. He had to be new. "I can't believe Negan even allowed that. Did you baby trap him" she said snarkly. The guard was gone. "Where's your buddy" I asked looking around.  "Stepped away. Besides, I don't need a babysitter" she said crossing her arms. "You better watch yourself Amber. I can make a decision about your life and Negan wont even bat an eye. You wanna know why. Cause he doesn't give a shit about you. You may have been his 'Favorite' for a few years. But not no more. I took that title and I am not sitting pretty in a black dress. Do not piss me off or I will have you killed. Or better yet I will do it myself" I said leaning on the table. Finally her guard returned. "Where were you" I asked. "Uh, I stepped away to use the bathroom in my room. Figured it wouldn't be a problem" he said. He didn't want to look me in the eye. "From now on someone is to be with her at all times. If she is out of her cell she needs someone with her. A babysitter of some sorts" I said with a chuckle. She glared at me. "What's your name" I asked looking at him fidget. He was a decent sized man. About 6 foot and probably closing in on 200 pounds. "Uh Brutus. Please Maddy I didn't know Negan never said anything like that" he pleaded. "Calm down I am not trying to fuck you over. She just pisses me off and forgets I hold her life in the palm of my hand." I joked. I signed the clipboard once again and handed him a small basket of berries. "Eat something while you watch her. On me" I said. "Thank you miss" he said taking a bite of the strawberries. I nodded and flipped Amber off while walking away. 

After the altercation I had with Amber I knew it should prompt a conversation with Negan. I spent hours writing new ideas for rules and outposts. When I looked over I realized I lost track of time and it was almost 1am. "Shit" I said rubbing my eyes. I grabbed my pajamas and walked into my bathroom. I turned the hot water on and let it run while I looked at the test still sitting on my counter. I still couldn't believe that little plus sign was real. I hoped in the shower and just smiled. It felt like the first time in a long time. I know I have smiled around Negan. And when I pissed off my dad. But this was a different. I was safe. I was finally me again. Then there was a knock on my door. A rapid one. "Damn" I said stepping out and wrapping the towel around my body. "Just a fucking second holy shit" I said after the knocking didn't let up. I swung the door open and saw Simon and Dwight. "The hell is so important that you two had to band on my door at 1:30 am" I said. Simon kinda looked down. A more important question came to mind. "Why were they here and not Negan. I paused. "Where is he" I asked. "Why don't you get dressed and let us in" Simon said. I nodded and walked back into the bathroom. They followed me in and staying in my living room while I got dressed. I dried my hair and had to calm down my breathing. I left the room while I finished drying my hair. "So what happened" I asked. "We went to Hilltop to finally finish things with them and we were ambushed. A car hit Negans and drove him off. If we had to guess it was probably your dad" Simon said. "So they have Negan" I asked leaning against my desk. "We couldn't tell. His car was on its side on fire and there were walkers. As of right now he is dead. Until we know otherwise" Dwight said. He probably helped plan it. No Maddy. Not yet. "So we continue business as normal. Per Negan's request, until he comes back if that ever happens, I am in charge" I said straightening up. I saw Dwight's nervousness and even Simon looked disappointed. "Are you sure you can handle this" Simon asked. "I did it once before. Negan trusts me more then both of you sometimes. I know my dad the best and I have plans ready. Until Negan comes back I am calling the shots. And right now, we are not attacking for a while. If they have Negan we cant risk him getting killed cause of another attack. So we hope this walker gut thing works that you did." I said. They both reluctantly nodded. "How did that go anyway" I asked. "We did what needed to be done. But we went back after a while and walked into an ambush" Simon said. "It was meant to be go in wound a few so they turn then leave. No going back and no getting into situations of ambush" I said. They just nodded. "Just go" I said waving them away. They followed orders and left. For now I was in charge. Of everything. And I could make the decisions about two people. What could I do to Dwight and Amber.