Chapter 27: Confrontation

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the grey towel around my soaked body. Skin smoother than a baby's but. I was unsure how many more opportunities I would have to shave before I get my baby bump. So, I was definitely using this to my advantage. I heard a knock at the front door. "Of fucking course" I muttered. One thing about being a leader, people never leave you the hell alone. 

I looked through the peep hole and saw it was Arat. I felt less bitchy about it now. I unlocked the door and opened it before walking away. "Sorry am I interrupting" she said stepping in. "I have had multiple people come by while I have been in a towel. You're the most normal one" I said as I began rummaging through my drawers for pajamas. I found my red tank-top and black sweatpants. I grabbed my black lace pantie and bra set and stepped into the bathroom. "What is it you need" I said as I began changing. "I think something happened to Laura" she finally said. I finally pulled on the tank-top and stepped out still drying my hair. "What do you mean" I asked concerned. "When we went to Alexandria there was a crew a little farther down. When they broke through the gates Laura, Dwight, and a few others went after them. Dwight says they went straight into a trap set by Daryl and Rosita" she spit out sitting in one of my chairs. "He say anything else about it". I grabbed her a water and sat it next to her. "He said everyone else died. But when I ask about Laura, he gets nervous." I took this information in. I sighed. "I am going to tell you something that you cannot tell anyone. Not yet. Me and Negan already have a plan" I said sitting next to her. She simply nodded. "When I was in Alexandria with my dad. When Carl passed. Dwight was there. Helping them. He is giving them information about us. My theory, he knew what he was driving into. He brought the crew into the line of fire. When Daryl and Rosita made their move, he open fired on his own people. I think he probably shot at Laura, but she got away. Based on the report she wasn't one of the bodies at the site" I said leaning back. She took it all in. "So that asshole is working with them" she practically yelled. I hushed her and nodded. "Yes. And me and Negan are aware, and we are looking for the perfect time to handle him. If we pounce to early, we could lose the mouse." I said with a smile. "What can I do" Arat said as she grabbed my hand. "Stay away from Dwight. Make him think you forgot about what happened. Better yet if you can get inside information about what deal they have, do that. But you can't not let him know that Negan knows." I said, making direct eye contact with her. She nodded and sighed. "It's getting late. Why don't you go get some sleep" I said standing up. "Okay. Thank you" she said before leaving. I smiled to myself and threw the towel back into the bathroom. It was getting late, but I got a strange craving. I really wanted a Cesar salad. 

I finished up my salad and was walking the empty bowl and fork back downstairs. That was when I got pushed. I fell straight into the wall, dropping the bowl as I went. The sound of glass shattering was the last thing I heard before I got kicked in the back. "This is for taking my spot. For giving it up like it was nothing. For getting Negan all to yourself. And for putting me in a cell". I knew exactly who it was. I reached for the fork and stabbed her in the thigh. She yelped and reached for it. I made sure that my hand was steady and didn't let up. I was able to push her off of me and now she was on her back. I pulled out my knife and held it to her throat. Fear immediately filled her eyes. "P-Please don't. I am so sorry Maddy" she begged. A tear fell. "I have spared you so many fucking times. Tell me. Why should I do it again" I said pushing on the knife a little harder. She started hyperventilating. "I want you to beg for your life. It better be a good fucking plea" I said. "Please. I was just jealous okay. You get everything. You are a leader, and you were one of them. I just. I wanted to be you" she said. She was sobbing by this point. I gritted my teeth. "Not good enough". In one swift motion I sliced the knife through her throat. She immediately began choking and reached up to her neck. blood pooled out underneath us and I stood up. Finally, Dwight and Arat rounded the corner. "What happened" Dwight asked. "Give me your gun" I said holding my hand out. It wasn't really directed at either. Dwight volunteered his though. I took it from his hand and finished Amber off. The gunshot rang through the halls, and I am sure everyone heard it. "Clean this up" I said handing the gun back to him and walking back to my room. I was exhausted and in a lot of pain. I popped a few Tylenols and laid in my bed. It was going to be a long night. 

Before I could fall asleep there was a knock. "What" I groaned out. Dwight opened the door with Arat. "We cleaned up Amber. What do we tell others" Arat said. "Don't tell anyone anything. I will make a speech. And then I want to be the one to tell Negan" I said not even opening my eyes. No one spoke another word. They left. I felt more in control than I ever have been.