Chapter 8

There was a moment of silence from both parties. Soobin, who had absolutely no part in all of this, felt oddly like he had a shared responsibility. That he had to fight for this realm (well since he was already staying her permanently.)

I mean I guess I could, Soobin thought. The human realm was at stake, and that's where Beomgyu, Raven, Huening Kai and his mother were at. If anything, he'd like to save them too. But it made him sad that he couldn't see them for the last time, or find out how his mother was doing at the moment. 

"So... do you have any powers?" Soobin asked, not really knowing how to move the conversation forward. It hasn't really felt this solemn and tense between them before, and now Soobin could see that Yeonjun was distressed about the whole situation. 

He couldn't even help comfort the other. 

"Yeah of course, right, I'm Yeonjun," the other laughed and the tension eased slightly. "I'm a fighter and a healer. A pretty rare combination may I add."

"Fighter? Ok, that I understand but a healer? That's.. that's freaking awesome!" Soobin exclaimed, sitting so that he was fully facing Yeonjun. 

"I'm surprised you didn't know this much. You've never fallen sick before have you?"

Soobin tilted his head slightly to think before shaking his head. "Not that I remember really."

"It was all thanks to me! Since you are my human, I can use my healing powers on you in the human realm. Here, I can use it on anybody."

"I see... then why aren't you a doctor? Are you in any special units? How are you a guardian angel then?" soobin started spewing questions, his interests fully peak. 

Yeonjun chuckled at the other's cute eagerness and held a finger to Soobin's lips. "Hush, too many questions."

Soobin laughed and laid on the bed as well, starting to get a little tired from the medicine he had been fed earlier. 

"To start off on why I'm not a doctor, it's because although I have healing powers, I'm not trained to handle medical stuff, or perform surgeries or give people medicine. My healing powers are mostly used in combat, and mind you when angels have two combinations of powers, one of the will be weaker."

"So I'm assuming your healing abilities are weaker?"

"You got it. It can't be used on heavily wounded angels, and I run out of mana really fast."

"Mana? What's that?" 

Yeonjun hummed, trying to think of a way to put it into simple terms. "Ok think of it this way. Mana is something like stamina or experience points? The more stamina you have, the longer you can use or the more powerful your powers are,  right?"

"Right."

"Mana works the same way. Say my maximum mana for healing is... 40% for example. Compared to someone whose mana is 70%, I can't use my healing powers as long or as strong as theirs. Because I don't have enough mana to spend on healing."

Soobin nodded. Somewhat understanding the terms and remembering where he saw it in the book. "So every angel has it?" 

"No, only those with powers or fighters. Normal angels are just... normal."

"Right.. what abut your mana for fighting?"

"Mana is always 100%, though how powerful the 100% is differs for different angels. My mana for healing is only 30% so my mana for fighting is a whopping 70%. Of course you may think its incomparable to those fighters with 100% mana for fighting, but my total mana is boosted because of my healing abilities. So If you compare in simple terms: if their mana for fighting is 100%, then mine would be about 120%."

Soobin took a while to take in the information. "Well, it's hella confusing."

"Wait til you get to other technical terms alright," Yeonjun laughed cheekily and pinched Soobin's cheeks much to the other's surprise. "It took me several hundred years to even understand you humans, Jesus."

Now It was Soobin's turn to laugh and sliding his hands over Yeonjun's, proceeded to pinch the other's cheeks at well. "Speaking of that,  how old are you?"

"Hm, truthfully, I don't know," Yeonjun spoke in a sort of muffled way since his cheeks were being stretched out. "I stopped keeping count after Like 117. But I'm most probably a thousand years old."

"Well, then I guess I'll have to start calling you Yeonjun Hyung huh," Soobin smiled. 

"Y-yeah I guess," Yeonjun said, looking away as he thought of how cute Soobin was when he said 'Yeonjun Hyung'. Get a hold of yourself.

"What are you two doing?" an unfamiliar voice startled the two boys who had each of their hands on the other's cheeks. 

Yeonjun let go first and coughed, sitting up properly to fave a confused Taehyun. "Nothing, just having a... a..."

"A sweet little reunion! We haven't seen each other for very long!" Soobin jumped in to save Yeonjun and Taehyun raised an eyebrow. 

"Very long? Dude you haven't seen each other for 2 days, calm yourselves."

Yeonjun got up and straightened his clothes. "Whatever, anyways what brings you here?"

"There's been an update on who the traitor probably was. You were right, it was Changbin. The HOA is going to brief us now about the plan so get our ass there in 5 minutes."

"Alright, can Soobin come?" Yeonjun asked as they followed Taehyun out of the room. 

"I don't think so, it's strictly only for the council."

"You guys are in the council, I read that it was prestigious," Soobin asked from behind. 

"Yeah, considering we are the only guardian angels to have served the generations in the best possible way...yeah." Taehyun replied. "And anyways Soobin can't come because he has to go for a medical check up, you know the standard procedure to see his mana level."

"I have a mana level?"

"man, you ask a lot of questions," Taehyun started but had a smile on his face so Soobin relaxed, knowing the other wasn't angry at him or anything. "Yes you do, you're part angel now anyways. as for the rest, the go with the flow, everything will slowly make sense."

Soobin nodded hesitantly. 

"And since that's the case, you can follow us to the meeting place, although you're going to have to wait outside, if you don't mind."

"Oh, ok, sure."

They left the house and Soobin noted how there was an evening glow upon their place, but on the far end of the street, the sky was clear. He had so many questions, but decided to save them for later, not wanting to trouble the others anymore. 

"So are we going to take the car... or bus?"

"Nope."

Soobin cocked his head in confusion. Wasn't the council meeting place situated on the far end, on a hill, if he remembered reading it correctly?

"Train?"

Taehyun chuckled. Yeonjun grabbed a hold of his hand before he could react and smiled wildly at Soobin. Taehyun took a hold of his other hand rather awkwardly and silently. 

"We're teleporting there."

"Teleporting?"

"Hold on tight!" Yeonjun exclaimed and Soobin closed this eyes on instinct. Before he knew it, a cold feeling overcame him as he felt like he was facing down a rabbit hole. 

A/N

Chapter is unedited.