Chapter 18

The room remained silent as Soobin suddenly felt the pressure of the 7 dominating presence sitting before him. He had no doubt the voice in his head was definitely Yeonjun's. How that was possible? He didn't know and didn't try to think much either, brain feeling muddled and stretched from just somehow transversing 2 different realms. 

'Erm, can you hear my thoughts?' 

Yes, Yes I can Soobin, Yeonjun's voice answered. A tinge of smile was laced into the voice that Soobin swore he could feel. 

Before Soobin could ask what he should do next in the heavy silence, the voice before him from one of the princes boomed through the hall, bringing Soobin's timid attention onto the beings. He peeked up at the figure who was speaking, a looming seated angel on the 7th seat as his little eyeballs had counted. He had dark hair as did all the other princes and sat cross legged on the gigantic hell of a throne made of some sort of marble material Soobin couldn't quite pinpoint out. From behind, the feathers of the Angel's wings which looked soft to the touch moved ever so slightly with the gust of wind that traveled around the room from an unknown source. 

"I asked, is it possible for you to prove to us here that you are indeed a Librarian?" 

Answer him, say Yes, Prince Jungkook, Yeonjun ushered. Soobin said exactly that, but frowned as he didn't know how to move on to prove his point. He doesn't even know what the librarian is suppose to do. If he recalled correctly, Librarians were supposed to be able to see the souls of humans or something along those lines...

Yes that's right, they can see human souls, Yeonjun piped in just then.

'How in the world am i supposed to prove that here?' 

There was once again, that dreaded silence that followed suit, both from inside his brain and the room outside. Soobin's laboured breathing felt impossibly loud within the walls.

Yeonjun himself didn't know what to do or help Soobin out of this situation. Librarians themselves are a rarity so he himself don't really know how to work the power or to guide Soobin to use it. According to his friends, it's a power that is suppose to come naturally without having to force anything. But to do that, Soobin will have to go to the Library of Souls or somehow chance upon a human soul jar to prove it is really there.

You have to go to the Library of Souls, Yeonjun finally said, but that place is infected with the virus so there's no way for they'll let you enter restricted area risking a potential second wave of outbreak. 

Library of souls, Soobin thought, not really caring much if his thoughts were interrupting Yeonjun's speech. Is that library that i walked into the other day?

"Erm," Soobin opened his mouth and he heard Yeonjun's panicked voice questioning him what he was doing. Soobin ignored his friend momentarily, sending a thought of apology before licking his dry lips and opening, as if that would enable him to stop the slightest quiver in his voice. "I have been to the... Library of Souls." 

The expected wave of murmurs passed through not just the Audience, but the Princes as well who turned to exchange glances with one another. It's a long shot here and Soobin wasn't even sure if the library that stretched into the eternity was even the acclaimed 'Library of Souls'. But hey, his life was literally at stake right. He can bullshit a little... right...? 

"Tell us more," Another Prince spoke, from the 5th throne now. Soobin opened his mouth again when the prince in the first throne held up his hand. 

"Before you continue Angel, whatever that comes out of your mouth next shall be used against you and any false saying will result in your immediate execution... seeing as to how you are also an infected angel."