Chapter 5

The moment Soobin heard those words coming out of Ravn's mouth, he had instant regret. Even his usually proud and overconfident senior confessed to Hwanwoong.

His hand instinctively reached to his shoulder and rubbed it, feeling unnaturally cold. He looked at the ground and bit his lips, not wanting to give in to the sadness that was creeping up to him. If he broke down now, he knew he wouldn't have the strength to get back up and wrack his brain to find a good way to solve the issue. Not without Yeonjun there to comfort him.

What was Yeonjun doing now? Is he ok? What's going on?

Soobin sighed and plopped onto the bed next to Ravn, head in his hands. 

And for a while like that somber silence hung in the air.

Yells and screams from outside interrupted their thoughts and the three boys rushed to the window to look out at what was the commotion. It was terribly dark despite there being streetlights like there were shadows engulfing everything around them.

Soobin pushed his window open so they could lean forward to search for the sound. 

'There!" Beomgyu whispered, pointing off to the left side. Soobin squinted, not being able to see anything but the arguments still resounding in the streets. 

Soobin was about to question again when something emerged from the darkness and under the street light, now in perfect view for them to watch. And it was a truly gruesome sight. 

It was a lady and a man, and for a second there Soobin assumed they were arguing for she was being robbed. They struggled and moved again, back into the shadows before emerging under another streetlight, now closer to them. 

And they kept doing that until they were two houses away and the boys gasped. 

She was arguing with him and neither was he robbing her. Instead, they both had horribly inflicted injuries, presumably inflicted by one another. 

Into the darkness again and out into the light. 

Beomgyu pointing again, though he didn't say anything, his hand was shaking with fear.

The woman had blood dripping from her mouth, and fiercely ferocious eyes glaring at the man, whom she had under her hold. The guy on the other hand held a chunk of black things in his hand and was gripping her throat with so much power she was nearly gagging.

Into the darkness and out again, now everything clearly reflected into the boy's eyes by the light.

The blood seeping from the woman's mouth wasn't her own blood...because he was biting and chewing on something that looked like human flesh... which oddly looks like a chunk of meat which is missing from the man's arm...

Ravn gagged beside him, doubled over, and ran to the bathroom.

Soobin's eyes trailed up her body and found that a patch of her hair was gone, droplets of blood combining together, and trailing down her forehead. The guy swung his arms to choke her with both arms, the long flowy black....hair swaying in the wind. 

Beomgyu moaned and fanned himself, retreating back into the safety of his room.

The Man grabbed a firm hold, and howled an inhuman yell and slammed her to the floor, climbed on top of her which covered Soobin's view. At that moment, another screamed sounded from somewhere else. 

A teenage girl ran out, stopped in the light, and twitched a few times, and then as if sensing someone's gaze on her, snapped, literally snapped her head, and stared at Soobin. 

The boy gasped and slammed the windows back shut. He backed away slowly, still feeling the girl's cold eyes, then turned around.

'Shut the windows and doors, now, something's wrong with everyone!" Soobin told Boemgyu before grabbed keys from his desk and making his way out. He turned around and saw that Beomgyu hadn't moved, eyes still fixated on the window.