Chapter 15.5

Hm, Yeonjun thought to himself. Originally, it was all so simple. He'd get Soobin from wherever they hell he was, change his clothes in to something decent if he needed and bring him to the courtroom for his meeting. Simple. And with an extra 20minutes on his watch, there wasn't much to worry. 

But well fuck, he should have seen this coming. Soobin laid sprawled out on the bed, clutching the thin bedsheet, completely motionless that Yeonjun had to check a few times if his best friend was still breathing. 

Soobin was unconscious. Alive, but unconscious, which to be fair, the man who picked the boy up earlier said, "Doesn't really make the situation better does it?"

As much as Yeonjun hated to admit it, he was right. This wasn't just any other meeting. It was literally a matter of life and death. There's no way he can change the schedule of the meeting, it was already due and done. The only option is if Soobin gets up and get himself into the room himself. 

"Fuck..." Yeonjun ruffled his hair, leaning his head into his hands. He considered some alternatives he can take to get out of this very narrow situation they have been thrusted into. 

1. He could speak to get someone, someone who could control bodily movement of others, to control Soobin and sit him through the whole meeting. 

But the downside is that the person controlling Soobin's body movement was incapable to manipulating his speech and Soobin will definitely be required to voice his thoughts during the conversation. if he was going to be dead silent, Soobin may as well go in unconcious. 

2. Astral Projection. A new skill that Yeonjun had been learning since 7 months ago and managed to handle it quite well. Simply put, Astral Projection is the power to seperate a person's inner soul from their body. When in his angel spirit form, he can possess other's bodies as well. In this case, he could perform Astral Projection on Soobin as well and take over his body. Since this ability also allows him to speak in Soobin's body, everything should be good. 

Yeonjun groaned and pinched his nose. He hadn't really practiced this on possessing another human being and he wasn't sure if he knew how to reverse the process. Even if he did, if he got found out of uding dirty tricks in court, RIGHT IN FRONT of the 7 crown kings... they may as well be off dead. 

3. Taehyun has a side ability called Bilocation where he's able to clone things, including humans. This meant he can just clone Soobin's other form, which wuld be awake and since they both look and sound excatly the same, everything will be solved. 

Yet... the clone version do not possess as abilities the orignal Soobin has, so if he was asked to perform or give prove of being a librarian, which he definitely would, then they'll be at another dead end. 

Yeonjun whipped his head backwards and slid down on the chiar, frustrated and on the verge of spilling tears from not being able to do anything in this situation. It wasn't anyone's fault truthfully, but he couldn't help but want to hit himself for feeling so useless. Wasn't there anything that could be fucking done? No matter what scenario he came up with, there's alwasy this downside or precaution that makes him shiver on fear of getting found out. If that happens, everything will immediately fail. 

The ticks of the clock echoed loudly in the silence. 

Time was running out.

Yeonjun stared up at the dull ceiling and clicked his tongue, his mind at war with himself. His hand reached uo to grab Soobin's soft ones, praying at the back of his head that there would be some movement in the muscles which may suggest the other had woken up, like in those dramas!

Yet, the other laid deathly still, breath calm and eyelids shut with no signs of waking up. 

"Fuck!" Yeonjun shot up, his chair falling back with a thud from the force of it. The red haired squeezed Soobin's hands for reassurance and breathed out, steeling his mind to stick to the plan that he finally landed on. 

Placing Soobin's hands neatly on his chest, the other started towards the door, glancing at his watch. 15 minutes. 

Well, Yeonjun thought, dashing out and picking up his pace. What's life without taking risks right.