Chapter 6

"Mom get a grip god damn it! Please!" Soobin grunted under his breath, his eyes fixated on the woman on top of him. 

Mom? Could he even call her that now? This woman isn't possibly his mother... right?

Within the span of time that Soobin bent his outstretched arm a little, she pushed down harder, sticky hair tickling his nose, which if it was a situation hours ago, he would be laughing in bliss. 

Crazed eyes hidden beneath the shadow of her face stared back intently at him. It's as if her eyes were the only thing glowing, the only thing that kept Soobin from looking away. Every time he thought about the fact that he was fighting his mother, despite not wanting to believe it, his resolve weakened.

The grip on him shifted, such that her hands glided from his shoulders to his neck and suddenly, the air flow was cut off. Soobin thrashed more widely now, survival instincts kicking in and his mind a mess. 

He chocked, bloodshot eyes staring back at the woman. Just how strong could she be? 

Soobin's head started rolling to the side, face turning purple from the lack of oxygen as he made gargling sounds. At this rate, the pain from his neck being crushed set in as well, a few tears escaping from the edge of his eyes in a useless attempt. 

I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, Soobin thought to himself. The strength in his hands weaken and fell to the side as his body started to rest. Black spots entered his vision, blurry and scattering everywhere. 

Is Yeonjun safe?

A strange, passing thought, slightly bizarre considering the situation he was in right now. Even in the moments nearing death, Soobin thought of his dear Yeonjun, his companion. Despite the pain he was feeling, his mind was surprisingly clear. 

He considered whether he was weak because Yeonjun wasn't here with him, not there with his voice to cheer him on and help him out. 

Yeonjun, Soobin thought, another tear dripping out. I'm sorry. 

His eyes started to close just as a flash of light exploded silently in the room. Sounds faded out, as is he was leaving his body but before he could even register what was going on, a wave of air drove into his lungs as he lurched, eyes shooting open, chest heaving heavily. He coughed a few times and reached up instinctively to his empty throat in confusion before a thud next to him made him turn. 

His mother, who was a raging monster just seconds ago had collapsed face down next to him, blood slightly seeping out from her head. 

What the heck?

A thumping started in his head as blood rushed to his brain with new found oxygen. His vision blurred still, and it was then that he realised that the room was brighter than it ever could be, dimming slightly by the second. Soobin tried to get up to see what was going on but a wave of nausea hit him, so he ended up kneeling, hands on his eyes to shield himself. 

A figure through the light, as seen from Soobin through the cracks of his fingers walked towards him and held out a hand, taking Soobin's shaking ones in. For some reason, Soobin did not flinch, neither did he take his hand away. 

He squinted, a strange feeling blossoming in his heart unknowingly as the light eventually started fading out, and features of whoever the person was came into view. 

"It's ok, I'm here. I'm always here." 

Soobin's heart sped up. He knew this voice, he knew those features so well. So why can't he believe that it was him who was crouching  in front of him. 

Impossible yet true. 

That cheeky smile albeit laced with concern and worry, those brown eyes and lips where the voice came from.