Chapter 3

Soobin pushed past Beomgyu and stepped out onto the porch. It was already darkening and there wasn't much people then there were before. 

Just as he was looking around, a car honked and both boys turned to see a sleek black car drive up the street and stopped a few metres away from Soobin's house. 

The click of heels sounded as a woman stepped out, brushed back her hair and bowed to whoever was in the car and started walking, a silhouette as the bight light of the car illuminated her figure. 

'Mom?" Soobin asked, squinting as she came closer. The car started up and drove past them, finally revealing her worn face to her son. 

"Hey Soobin, mommy's really tired today, would you mind getting me a cup of coffee?" His mom staggered and held Soobin's arm to stabilise herself. Beomgyu had walked up and bowed. She only nodded with a smile. 

Weird. 

Soobin looked over her shoulders and saw the shadow of her guardian angel sitting silently on the shoulder. 

So not everyone's was gone. He nodded at Beomgyu.

Soobin propped her against his taller frame and walked her to the brightly lit home. 

'Soobin ah..." His mom's voice echoed through the quiet surroundings. 

'Yes?" Soobin asked as he smiled down at his shorter mother. Beomgyu opened the door for the pair and walked in. 

"Jessica has been speaking some really strange things to me," Ms Choi sighed, using her free hand to massage her head and the other to gesture to her angel, Jessica. 'I can't really tell what she's saying, but it feels like I'm so., so tired. I can't make out what she's babbling about..."

Soobin raised his eyebrows. As they reached the main hallway, he turned her around by grabbing both her shoulders so she was facing him. 

Beomgyu screamed and Soobin almost pushed his mom away. 

Under the scrutinizing light, his mom... she looked horrible... and Jessica...

Jessica was pitch black, as if it was a shadow and her body was sagging and weird looking. Her white eyes were drooping down and she wasn't really seated now that Soobin looked closely. She was floating. 

And then he caught sight of his mother's face, unusually dark circles under her eyes and she was looking at Soobin like she couldn't see clearly. 

"Wha-" her words slurred as she spoke, and the more she tried to express something, the bigger and more defined Jessica evolved on the shoulder.

"What the shit is this?" Beomgyu asked, lips coiling in disgust looking at the things growing. 

"I don't know... help me," Soobin said as he picked up his mother. Beomgyu grabbed her legs and the both of them stumbled to his parent's room. 

Speaking of which, where was dad?

The boy set her down slowly and saw that she was almost asleep. She had a smirk tugging on her face and there were streaks of red and black lines on her face, and she looked like she had bee run over my a var and risen out of her grave. 

Soobin stepped back, shocked and fear evident in his eyes as he felt Beomgyu grab his arm. 

'What the fuck..." Soobin cursed for the umpteenth time in that few hours. 

"Wake up Yeonjun, this is no time to sleep!" a soft slap accompanied the voice as Yeonjun moaned, working hard to get himself out of the darkness. 

"That's it, come on!" 

Yeonjun groaned louder, the headache that seemed distant hit him like a train when his eyes peeled open and light entered his eyes. 

"Get him some water!" the voice sounded like it was underwater, but Yeonjun was slowly rising to the surface. The more he blinked, the cleared and sharper the image became. 

'What the- Changbin?" Yeonjun cocked his eyebrows. 

What the fuck was Changbin doing here?

"Why are you on earth? Don't you have to do stuff over at the helpdesk?" Yeonjun said quietly, massaging his head. 

"Dude, you're not on earth, you've just been brought back to Spirit realm." the small boy answered, his dark hair falling over his eyes as he bent down to sit Yeonjun up. 

"What?!" Yoenjun's eyes flew open as he got up, almost knocking his friend over, and looked around frantically. 

White desks and rows of neat small houses surrounded him. The ever tall shadow of the mountain behind the town casted a shadow on to and people milled around. 

'Why are there so many people...and why am I here?" Yeonjun asked, although he still took in the surrounding he was so familiar with as if he was just born this very second. 

'I think I'll tell you everything after we've returned home, you're staying with me for me for now," Changbin said hurriedly as he pulled Yoenjun off the teleporting base and towards one of the houses at the end. 

"Hold up, go slow please, my head hurts," Yeonjun whined when Andrew ushered him through the