𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A few days had gone by and Kaylina was still stuck with sharing a room with Draco.

They hardly ever spoke to each other, but when they did, they simply ended up arguing.

About what?

Nobody really knew.

Although, he does let her use the bathroom first in the mornings and before bed. From spending her nights in the same room as him, she's gotten much of a closer look at him.

He always seems so guarded, tense, but at the same time, he looks unreadable. He just seems so done.

Done with everything.

The task, Voldemort, the world, life.

He just looks done.

~

During training, everyone went on to their usual training, but Kaylina wanted to try something new.

"Mayfield, can I go to the shooting range?" she asked, walking up to him.

Said instructor nodded. "Of course, but don't go alone— take your new roomie with you," Joshua gestured at Draco who was practicing throwing knives once again.

Kaylina's brows knitted together in confusion. "Seriously? I can't go on my own?" she huffed disappointingly.

Joshua shook his head. "I can't go and keep an eye on you because I have to help your group members with a few things," he stated.

Her nose scrunched in disappointment as her lips pressed into a hard line. "Malfoy's not going to want to come if it doesn't benefit him," she scoffed.

Joshua lifted a shoulder. "Then tell him to try practicing with a gun too," he said simply.

"Fine," she grumbled as she walked towards the blonde boy.

She stood still, watching as Draco threw knife after knife at the target about eighteen feet away from him.

"Can I fucking help you?" he drawled, keeping his gaze at the target.

Kaylina cleared her throat. "Mayfield says I can't go to the shooting range alone, so he told me to ask you to come with me," she murmured.

"No."

"He suggested that maybe you could practice with a gun too."

"No."

"Oh, come on," she groaned impatiently, "You've been doing the same things all week and you and I are the only people in the group who haven't gone to the shooting range yet."

He walked on the target to pull out the knives from the board, still not looking at her. He walked back to the line and put the knives on the table before turning to finally face her.

"Can you just come?" she sighed, her patience was nonexistent.

"Fucks sake— just shut up and let's go," he snapped, brushing past her to the exit and she followed him, both going to the shooting range.

Once they got there, there were about five different sections. Each with a target, basically a normal shooting range.

She walked to one of the sections and grabbed the gun, a pistol. She had no idea what she was doing, her dad talked about guns with her a bit, but not a lot.

All he did was show her how to old one and properly handle one.

Her dad also taught her about some guns, what they are and how they're handled. She never shot a gun before, so it was all new.