𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

With an hour of sleep, Kaylina had been wide awake since three in the morning.

Her stomach had a million double knots in her stomach, only growing tighter and tighter as the minutes passed by.

She was so nervous, actually, no— she was scared.

She wasn't scared for herself though.

She was scared for her peers.

All of them.

She didn't want any of them to die or fail at this task. But she can't do anything to help them because they're all being asset separately.

It was really happening.

She's actually being thrown into a battleground with nothing but Assassins who will not hesitate to end her.

"Santos," Draco ripped her out of her thoughts as he laid in his own bed beneath her.

Kaylina glanced at the clock.

6:47 AM.

"Mhm?" she hummed, staring straight at the ceiling.

"You're being unnecessarily loud right now," he grumbled. His voice didn't sound like he just woke up, so she knew he'd been awake the whole night too.

"I'm not even talking," she mumbled.

"You are in your head," he clarified, almost annoyed.

She can picture him laying in his bed, legs crossed by the ankles with both hands behind his head as he stared up at her bed.

"Oh, shut up— it's not like you're trying to sleep," she bit out irritatedly.

"It's kind of hard when you're always talking in your head," he retorted.

She scoffed in response.

Silence.

"You stole my hair tie," she broke the silence.

He brought his right wrist to his view, gazing at the blue clear spiral hair tie on his wrist. "I did not steal it— I just never gave it back," he corrected bluntly.

She sat up and leaned on the stone wall that the bunk bed was pushed against, hugging the pillow close to her chest. "Have you had it on your wrist since you took it out of my hair?" she questioned curiously.

He brought out his other hand, his head on the pillow as he slid the hair tie off his wrist, spinning it between his fingers.

"Yeah, actually, I have. I don't know how you didn't see," he snorted as he slid it back onto his wrist.

"That's my only one," she mumbled.

"Mmm," he hummed and she could hear the grin on his face.

They stayed there in silence for the remainder of the time, nothing but the sounds of their steady breaths.

As soon as the bell rang, Kaylina got up to get dressed. She showered, brushed her teeth and put on training clothes.

"Santos, come here," Draco called for her from the dresser.

Kaylina walked up to him, arms crossed in front of her chest. He turned to face her, leaning on the dresser.

"Give me your right hand," he put his own hand out.

She put her right hand in his, it wasn't shaking horribly, just trembling. He massaged her fingers, her skin tingling at his cold touch.

She swears she melts under his touch every single time.