𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

Kaylina's eyes fluttered open and she woke up in her Manor.

She was laying on the couch in the living room, the tv was on. Her heart started racing once she heard the familiar voices of her brothers.

"Munchkin!" Dylan shouted as he walked up the stairs.

"Arlo, can you stop being so fucking annoying?" Jaylen hissed in annoyance as he followed Dylan up the stairs.

"Says the one who keeps fucking kicking me in the back of my knee," Arlo drawled, earning a slap in the head by Jaylen.

The three of them walked up the stairs and to the living room, where Kaylina was lying.

"Kay, it's time for dinner— dad is doing BBQ," Arlo grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at his little sister.

Kaylina blinked at her brothers as she sat up in utter confusion. Her heart was thudding, her veins ran like ice, her eyes widening.

"Kaylina, are you, like, okay?" Jaylen uttered condernly, arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Are you guys real?" Kaylina's voice came out barely a whisper.

The three of her brothers exchanged confused glances, yet concerned. "Uhh... I—" Arlo got cut off by Jaylen smacking the back of his head.

"Ow!" Arlo hissed, grasping the back of his head.

"Yes, we are real," Jaylen concluded.

Kaylina hopped off the couch and attacked her brothers in a big hug.

She let out a small gasp when she felt their touch on her skin, hugging them and it felt so real. "I missed you guys so much," she let out a sigh of relief, basking in her brothers' touch.

"She missed me more," Dylan snickered, hugging his little sister.

"But we've only been gone for thirty minutes, Munchkin, and when we got home— you were sleeping," Arlo chuckled as they all pulled back from the hug.

She shrugged with the biggest smile on her face. "I just missed you guys," Kaylina spoke softly, still amazed by the realistic touch and sight of her brothers.

"We missed you too, Munchkin," Jaylen smiled warmly, "Now, dinner."

With that, the four of them walked down the stairs and to the backyard where their dad was BBQing. Kaylina was taken aback by the fact that her Manor looked just as it did when she grew up with her brothers.

"Hi, my sweet girl," Mrs. Santos chimed, her arms out for an embrace.

Feeling her eyes well with tears, she gasped. "Hi, mum," Kaylina beamed, a genuine smile on her lips as she hugged her mum.

It felt so real, the warmth, the feel.

"How was your nap, sweetie?" Mrs. Santos asked kindly, looking at her daughter, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"It was much needed," Kaylina answered through a chuckle, the smile only growing.

Mrs. Santos smiled. "Now, let's go criticize your father's BBQ, shall we?" she raised an eyebrow, putting her arm out.

Laughing, she linked arms with her mum. "Let's go," Kaylina chimed.

They both walked to the backyard to see a beautiful table set up with burgers, hot dogs, veggies, mashed potatoes, juice and BBQ skewers.