𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Days flew by quickly with the usual mini routine.

Kaylina would go on runs with Luna or Draco, the only two people who ever spoke to her.

The Weasley twins or Theo and Blaise would stand at the top of the gate, keeping watch for any walkers coming close or something.

The rest of them would make extra simple weapons, fixing up the town or finding helpful things to do.

Kaylina and Draco kept their sweet moments behind closed doors because he didn't want the rest of the group to treat her even more worse than they already are considering she didn't want him starting fights.

Kaylina didn't really give a fuck though.

Luna still had yet to comprehend that the walkers are not sick and don't have feelings, but Kaylina just couldn't explain it to her because she, herself, didn't even know how to explain it.

Draco had been helping Kaylina cope with her trauma— as best as he could considering she didn't like speaking about it. It was nice to have him with her because when she wouldn't want to speak about any of her trauma— he wouldn't force her and push her to talk.

Of course, he was always there to comfort he and help her cope as best as he could. She, herself, had been trying her best to continue to cope with her trauma. It was hard, very hard, but she still managed to push through it and keep her head up because she was a survivor.

Draco had been just a tad bit more open with Kaylina. He wasn't masked with her anymore and she loved it. It also turns out they have a few things in common.

They both loved Quidditch and are both naturally skilled at it.

They both loved the season fall.

They both got into constant fist fights during their years at Hogwarts, which they enjoyed getting their hands dirty with someone else's blood.

There was also a fair share of things they didn't have in common.

Kaylina grew up with love and affection whereas Draco didn't.

Draco liked bathing in cold water whereas Kaylina liked bathing in hot water.

Kaylina grew up with siblings and Draco didn't.

Draco was a sucker for dressing up whereas Kaylina wasn't.

Kaylina preferred daytime whereas Draco preferred nighttime.

Draco enjoyed drawing and arts, Kaylina fucking hated it.

Kaylina loved bright colours whereas Draco liked dark colours.

~

"Hi, Kaylina," Luna beamed as she walked with the brunette to the one car that wasn't at the front gate.

"Hi, love," Kaylina smiled, looking over at the blue-eyed Ravenclaw.

"Do you think maybe you could go on a run with me to the gas station we went to last time?" Luna asked gently, her fingers fiddling with one of her blonde curls.

Kaylina's brows drew together in confusion. "Why?" she asked curiously.

Luna hummed, looking down at her feet as they walked. "I'd hope to see some more of the sick people, so maybe I can find a way to help them," she said kindly as they reached the broken car.

Kaylina let out a sigh, putting the tool box on the ground. "Luna, they're not sick. They're not even people, love. They—"

"They are people! They're just sick," Luna snapped, her tone stern as her jaw clenched.