𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐲

A week.

Kaylina went a week without speaking a single word to Draco.

Funnily enough, they still stayed in the same house. Kaylina took the bedroom and Draco took the couch.

Neither of them slept though, they could only ever sleep next to each other. The most either of them got without each other was an hour of sleep.

The tension was thick, but Kaylina tried to brush it off.

She's sure everyone knew there was something going on between them because Draco had actually been going on runs with Jessica more often.

It put a dagger in Kaylina's heart to see Draco getting so close and comfortable with Jessica, but she did it to herself.

She still couldn't decide whether she was overreacting.

Did he lie to her? He did.

Or he just didn't tell her.

Was having time apart really necessary for the situation? It was about her family though and her family meant more than the world to her.

Draco knew his father did it, he knew and all this time, he'd been listening to Kaylina ramble on about funny stories of her family.

She could tell he didn't know about the other stuff his father did, but she didn't know why he just didn't tell her to begin with.

What was the reason?

And what was the reason Draco didn't do anything to put his father away?

Was it something personal or did he just not care?

Was he really sorry or did he just say it?

She kind of had a feeling he meant it because he never apologized before.

His father told him to think one way and not the right way, so Draco didn't get taught much.

There were many voices just flooding her mind with a million questions and assumptions.

~

"We're all going on a run— all of us except the Weasley twins," Blaise informed, walking to the group where Kaylina stood with Luna, Pansy, Daphne and Theo.

"Where are we going?" Daphne questioned, arms crossed in front of her chest.

"There's a road a few miles down and apparently there's abandoned cars there. Draco said he saw it on a run with Jessica yesterday," Blaise explained, "I reckon there's useful things in those cars."

"Sounds good," Pansy nodded, everyone agreeing on the run.

"Alright. Santos, you can drive with me and Malfoy with the other girl— I forgot her name— I think her name is Jericha or something, I don't know," Theo rambled cluelessly, "But come on," he walked and Kaylina followed.

Everyone had their weapon's already and Blaise had packed a few extra in a bag in case. Everyone got in their own cars, taking a total of three cars.

Kaylina got in the car, backseat with Theo and Draco got in the driver's seat and oh. Jessica in the passenger seat. Kaylina sat behind Draco's seat, Theo behind Jessica's.

"Well... this will be fun," Theo mumbled under his breath, running his hand through his curly hair.

Kaylina rolled her eyes, her elbow propped up on the side of her door as Draco began to drive to the gates.

All three cars took off, one behind the other, following the car Kaylina was in the road with abandoned cars. The car was filled with nothing but silence for a good portion of the drive.