𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

"It looks like a bloody ghost town," Dean blurted, his eyes scanning the town as they stood in the gate entrance of the town.

The town was empty, dusty and destroyed. There were a few houses down the town and small shops along the small roads of the town.

The buildings were dirty, half destroyed and everything was gloomy. There were old cars, broken glass windows and scratches with walker flesh smeared around some.

Even in the sun, the place looked dark.

Kaylina's eyes snapped to the walkers where she heard snarls from.

"Walkers— we need to clear the area and close the gate," she demanded, walking in as she whipped out her knife.

Everyone pushed in together, staying close as they killed walkers from left and right.

Kaylina gripped one by the shoulder, shanking the knife straight into the skull of the walker before pulling the knife out and pushing the limp body away.

Everyone used knives to kill the walkers to prevent any loud noise echoing throughout the town and drawing more walkers. Luna didn't kill any, the fear being overwhelming for her.

She repeatedly cursed at the group to stop killing the walkers, her voice breaking as her eyes watered, but everyone else knew they had to.

They had to kill the walkers to survive. Ginny had stopped killing them to hold Luna as they made their way through the small town. There weren't many walkers, just a few here and there.

"We're clear here," Blaise called out, pulling a knife out of a walker he just killed.

"We need to sweep one of the houses and clear it out if there are walkers inside," Kaylina stated as they all began to walk to the street with houses.

"She's bossy— I like her," Theo grinned amusedly, tossing the knife in the air and catching it by the grip.

Draco wiped the walker blood from the blade of his knife with a black bandana he had hanging in the back pocket of his jeans. "Shut the fuck up, Nott. No one cares about what you like," he hissed annoyedly.

Kaylina snorted, but cleared her throat to cover it up as she walked up the stone steps of one of the houses.

The houses were small cottage looking homes. They looked vintage and neutral.

Kaylina had her knife in her hand, one hand on the doorknob. "Some of us take the upstairs and some of us take the main floor. Clear the rooms and be careful," her tone was stern, "Ready?" She looked over her shoulder at her peers who were also holding their knives and spears.

They all nodded and murmured yes.

"Alright, let's move in," Kaylina demanded, swinging the door open.

The smell of the undead and rotten decay filling up her nostrils immediately, making her want to hurl.

The house was completely damaged, walls dirty and floors dirty. The furniture was ripped, the house was half empty.

All fourteen of them swarmed the house, half of them upstairs and the other half on the main floor.

Kaylina went upstairs, her knife firmly gripped in her hand as she took cautious steps through the second floor.

She kicked a bedroom door open and a walker attacked her. She lunged the knife into the skull of the walker before she could get bitten or ripped into.

She pushed the limp body away from her before moving into the closet of the bedroom.

Two walkers flung out of the closet door, snarling as they launched themselves at Kaylina. She stabbed one and then the other with no hesitation, pushing the bodies away from her.