𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Her eyes fluttered open, her head was pounding as she quickly scrambled to her feet, her eyes rapidly scanning her surroundings.

There were tall stone walls with cracks and dried blood all over them. Several different pathways and she was in the middle of all of them.

Above her was a high stone ceiling with only a small light every few meters, making the lighting very dim and dark.

It was cold, she got an awful aura from where she stood.

She was in the maze.

It's her turn.

Her turn to literally fight for her life.

Her heart was thudding in her chest as she saw one single knife on the ground. Her only weapon as of right now.

She quickly picked up the knife, her hands shaking viciously as her throat tightened. Her head was spinning, she felt light headed, her stomach knotted as every nerve in her body froze.

She felt like she was going to pass out right here and right now. She felt like she couldn't breathe. Like her lungs deflated like balloons and she was drowning.

"10," a loud automatic voice spoke through the loudspeakers in the battlegrounds.

"9."

Panic bloomed through her body like wildfire, every molecule in her body was screaming for help, but she stood there almost paralyzed.

"8."

She couldn't move.

"7."

Her mind told her to run, to find weapons.

"6."

But she couldn't move.

"5."

I'm going to die.

"4."

I'm going to die.

"3."

I'm going to die.

"2."

I'm going to die.

"1."

What am I saying? I won't fucking die in here— not like this. I refuse it.

"Begin."

Suddenly, her adrenaline started rushing, her blood coursing through her veins as her feet took off, cautiously walking through one of the several paths she had to choose from.

She had the knife in her hands, ready to kill whoever steps within two feet of her. Her heart was hammering so hard, she could hear it in her ears.

She felt her pulse vibrating throughout her entire body as she took cautious step after cautious step, her ears peeled for any sort of noise.

She walked for a few moments until she heard breathing from behind the stone wall she was pressed up against.

She was at the end of the wall, the person only one turn away from her. Her veins ran ice cold, making her spine twist with fear. She tried to quiet her shaky breaths, trying to pull herself together.

Before she could even make her move, she saw a man charging at her, the one on the other side of the wall. She was quick to bring the knife up and launch it in his throat.

He flickered lifeless as he dropped to his knees, the silver blade in his throat before she yanked it out, the blood splattering across her face as the knife was coated in a thick layer of scarlet liquid.