𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫

Kaylina's spine collided with the brick wall behind her, her eyes watering at the pain searing from her ankle.

Her breathing was heavy, her eyes snapping down to the fresh wound on her ankle. It was a large and deep gash just above her ankle with blood pouring out of it, staining her shoes and the ankles of her jeans.

Through the sounds of the undead snarling, she heard the glass crack furiously until...

Crash!

A pained and terrified whimper fled her lips once she saw the entire glass entrance shatter into a million pieces and the walkers quickly poured into the gas station.

Forcing herself off the wall, she limped to the door and swung the door open before any of the walkers could reach her.

Kaylina slammed the door shut, tears streaming down her cheeks as she began to run away, limping instead of running.

A hiss of pain at every step.

Most of the walkers had entered the station, but some caught an eye that she was running away from the side of the station. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, it was night time, the moon was out and the stars shined above her.

But not a single sight of any of the boys.

Her body flooded with worry and fear for them.

Did they make it?

Are they okay?

Did they get caught?

Are they back at the house?

Are they dead?

Kaylina looked over her shoulder and she saw the walkers now pouring out of the way she left the station. She didn't dare to go in the direction of the house, fear of leading them to her peers.

She limped to the forest, not being able to see a damn thing because of the nightfall. She looked over her shoulder once more to see more than eight walkers were following her.

Dragging their feet as they snarled and tried to reach for her.

She got lost in the forest, not knowing what to do or where to go or where the fuck she even was. As she ran, she was leading a trail of her fresh blood because of her wound.

Ignoring the pain, she continued to limp through the forest until she was far from the station, sweat forming on her skin in the process.

Kaylina whipped out her knife and stopped in her tracks, turning to face the several walkers throwing themselves at her. She pushed, impaling the knife in one of their eyes, pushing the limp body away from her.

Stab after stab after stab after stab.

She felt like it was going on forever.

Walker after walker, it was never ending.

She was now killing her seventh one until she was ambushed by three walkers at once. One on top of the other, on top of her. Her back was to the ground a walker pressed against her front, on top.

Her nostrils flooded with the scent of decay and the undead. Her heart was hammering painfully in her chest as her body shook viciously beneath the walker.

She was crying out in pain and pure fucking fear, tears flooding her cheeks as she tried to push them off and kill them.

The walkers were snarling furiously, trying to nip at her face with their teeth, their hands touching her body, trying to dig into her flesh. She tried her best to fight them off, to hold off getting her flesh ripped into.