𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

*August 1998*

The next day, the sound of that 7AM bell blasted Kaylina's eardrums, making her eyes shoot open.

She blinked her vision clear and only now she realized she was still in Draco's bed. She was still in the position she fell asleep in, but the blonde boy was on his back.

Hands behind his head as he stared at the bed above them. His hair was messy, his features sharp. He looked really fucking exhausted, mentally and physically.

"You didn't sleep?" she said, her voice heavy with sleep.

He turned his head to her and shook his head.

"Aren't you tired?" she questioned, propping her head up on her elbow, in her palm.

He huffed slightly, sounding more as a bitter laugh. "I'm fucking exhausted," his tone remained blunt, "But I just can't sleep."

"I get it," she murmured gently.

She debated whether to hug him or some shit like that, but she decided not to since she didn't want to cross any lines with him.

Not knowing what else to say, she got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to get ready.

~

She woke up for the second time this morning, but this time, she woke up in some sort of house. She sat up immediately, a little too fast to the point where her head spun. She scanned the room, all her peers were around her, all just waking up.

The house seemed new, untouched.

All her peers were in training clothes and she doesn't even remember what happened after she got ready back in the underground shithole.

Kaylina stood on her feet, walking to the redhead twins she saw laying on the floor, groaning. She knelt down beside George, who was sitting up, the heels of his hands rubbing his eyes.

"Are you both alright?" she asked softly, putting a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"As good as we can possibly be in the given situation," Fred joked, huffing a slight laugh as he scratched the back of his head.

"Where are we?" Dean asked, helping Ginny to her feet.

"If I had to guess, I'd say a house," Theo concluded, knelt to Pansy's side as said girl rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands.

Kaylina stood, scratching the back of her head as she scanned the untouched home. They were all in the living room and the house had a new smell. Like brand new, no one stepped foot inside.

The house was aesthetically pleasing, if you may.

A modern sort of aesthetic.

She saw a white piece of parchment on the table, so she walked to it and picked it up.

'Task two: Survive in that world and the Dark Lord will decide if he's pleased or not with your group's effort to come back to our world.'

"There's a note," Kaylina spoke, turning around to face the rest of her peers.

"Well, go on— read it," Blaise spoke, walking up to her.

Blinking slowly down at the parchment in her hands, "task two: Survive in that world and the Dark Lord will decide if he's pleased or not with your group's effort to come back to our world," she read out loud.

"Survive what exactly?" Ron scoffed, helping Hermione to her feet.

"I don't know," Kaylina shrugged, scrunching the note and putting it on the table.