𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

All four of them pushed the metal gates open, not having any other way of getting inside the town.

It took a while, but eventually, they got it.

Draco drove the car in the town before Kaylina closed the gates up.

"Where is everyone?" Luna pondered, looking around the empty town.

Kaylina's eyes landed on the main house, lights on, shadows of her peers panicking.

"The house," she stated, quickly running to the main house, everyone following.

Kaylina swung the door open to see everyone in the dining room with someone on the table.

"What the fuck is going on?" Jessica exclaimed as everyone walked into the house.

"George— it's George!" Ginny cried out, everyone in the dining room panicking.

Kaylina dropped her things, rushing to the dining room to see the person she called best friend lying on the table with blood and tears pouring down his face. Hermione had a cloth against his ear, the cloth soaked in blood.

"What—"

"He was bit. He was bit by a walker— bit in his left ear," Fred panicked, his hands behind his head as he paced, scared for the life of his brother.

Kaylina's eyes widened, her heart pounding in her chest.

No, no, no, no, no, no, Georgie.

"Santos, what do we do?" Dean uttered, fear taking his tone.

I don't fucking know.

Them before me.

Then suddenly, the light bulb flickered.

"Move, move—" she demanded, striding to the head of the table where Goerge's head lied, "Get me a first aid kit— a bowl of water—  blow torch— a few cloths— and a knife," her voice stern as she rolled up the sleeves of her shirt.

She took the cloth from Hermione and everyone stormed around the house, grabbing what Kaylina demanded for. She removed the cloth, getting a look at her former best friend's bite.

A chunk of his ear was missing, it seems like a large nip since it wasn't such a huge bite, but he could be saved.

"Hurry up!" Kaylina shouted, her panic and patience mixing together as one.

"Knife, blow torch, bowl of water, cloths, and the first aid kit," Hermione placed the items on a chair next to Kaylina.

Ignoring the painful thud in her chest, she proceeded with her work. She dropped the blood drenched cloth on the table, George was falling in and out of consciousness from the bite being so close to his brain.

She grabbed the blow torch and the large knife, using the blow torch to heat up the knife for a clean cut. Everyone's panic and voices had become faint to her, like background noise.

Kaylina's only focus was saving the boy she used to call best friend.

Once the knife was glowing orange in heat, she dropped the blow torch and with her shaking hand, she held the edge of George's half bitten ear, stretching it out. She held the knife as still as possible, but her hand shook viciously.

She inhaled and exhaled.

Kaylina lowered the knife just to where his ear and head were connected, wincing as she used all her strength to slice through his ear, detaching his ear from his head. It was like cutting through rubber, but not, because it was skin— not rubber.