𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A few days flew by. Kaylina's hand was...

alright, saying it was looking better would be an understatement.

Her hand looked like shit, her hand felt like shit.

Charming.

The bruising hadn't gone down, if anything, it was darker than before with hues of yellow-ish green. The swelling had gone down though, it wasn't throbby or big and thick.

During the past few days, she felt like she couldn't even use her right hand— well, because she couldn't.

She could barely move her right hand and every little movement or pressure made her hiss in pain.

The Healer had been giving her more things to help with the pain and Dreamless Sleep.

Training was extremely hard, she had to try using her left hand.

She's been frustrated ever since her hand broke, not being able to even hold a knife with her right hand without the pain blooming through her hand. She couldn't use a gun since the accident.

Actually, no, another understatement.

It wasn't an accident and Kaylina knew that.

She told Fred and George it was an accident, that she did it to herself.

Joshua tried encouraging her to get used to using her left hand since her right hand was kind of useless at the moment.

Not kind of, was useless.

She and Draco have been speaking a little more.

Oh, well, another understatement.

They only speak when they need to, such as waiting for the bathroom, during training or demanding each other on who's turning the light off.

They never sat together during meals, everyone sat with their usual peers.

~

Kaylina woke up and saw Draco waiting on his bed for her to use the bathroom first. "You can use it first," she insisted, taking off her hand wrap.

Draco was kicked back in his bed. Ankles crossed and one hand behind his head and the other on his lap as he fiddled with his rings with no shirt, per usual.

"I can wait," he spoke, his voice was pretty calm for the first time. His eye bags were darker, he hadn't been sleeping.

She nodded, unwrapping her hand as she walked to the bathroom. She let her hand breathe as she got ready before wrapping it again.

~

"How's your hand, doll?" Fred asked worriedly, seated in front of her in the cafeteria.

Fucking horrible.

Kaylina let out a huff, putting her right hand flat on the table, just hovering a little over the surface. "It feels like I shot myself with the pellet gun," she smiled cheerily.

"Serves her right for using the knife on Mione— karma's a bitch," Ron snarled, walking by them with Hermione. They took a seat on the far end of the table.

I wish I'd use the knife on her.

Ron has been saying that for the past couple days every time Fred or George would ask how Kaylina's hand was.

Kaylina rolled her eyes, dropping her head into her left hand, elbows on the table. "I didn't fucking use the bloody fucking knife on her," she muttered in frustration.