Chapter Thirty-One - The Whole Truth

'Please don't! Give me back my child! Kill me instead! I am begging you!' I could hear a voice of a woman calling out all around me. She was crying and it just made me feel so uncomfortable, I didn't like hearing that at all. Crying reminded me of my mommy...

'I don't want to die! Please don't kill me! Why are you doing this?!' I am hearing a different voice this time, it sounds like a man who seems very fearful. I wonder who he is calling out to?

'I hate you! I hate all of you! I will make everyone pay for this! Do you think I am a monster? I will show you a REAL MONSTER!' I can't tell if the person speaking is a man or a woman. It feels like a bunch of people's voices getting mixed. I can't escape from them at all no matter how hard I cover my ears.

Then I was awake, on the ground. Great. I slowly sat up from the ground and rubbed at the pounding head. I really can't remember what happened but I am pretty sure I had a moment, again. I got off the ground and dust myself off. I was a bit confused that I wasn't in that much pain anymore, I did fuck up my arm and punched the mirror.

Then I noticed something that made me pause... I saw myself curled up into a ball on the ground. Countless thoughts went through my head until I finally walked toward my body. I got on my knees and went to touch myself but I felt confused that I couldn't do that.

It was like I was hitting a wall every time I tried to touch my body. I can't... I can't touch my body at all. What is happening?! I could feel my breathing getting faster and my heartbeat increasing to a dangerous level.

"You should calm down, Princess. I really don't want you to pass out on me." I flinched when I heard an unfamiliar voice coming from behind me. It didn't sound male or female, it was more like it was in between. I turned around and felt confused at the new person who was walking closer to me.

"W-Who are you and what is happening? D-Did you do this to me! Put me back in my body! Tell me what is happening!" It was getting hard to breathe and I wanted to curl up into a ball. I didn't feel okay at all and I felt so scared.

"It's rather sad. You really don't know me? It's me, Fox. Your buddy! I even made you a flower crown and that was so hard to make." The person got even closer and I realized they were wearing the usual cloak that Fox would wear whenever they would visit me to talk.

"F-Fox? You did this?" I couldn't understand what was happening or why they were doing this to me. I thought we were friends... I mean are we friends or was that me thinking we were close... I keep doing that. Why do I keep doing that? I am such a fucking idiot!

"Don't give me that look, it's rather depressing. It wasn't me who did this but I know who did. It is basically the person who made me. The monster." Fox told me this like it wasn't that important and it was information that everyone knew. I could only feel more questions forming in my head. It was hard to focus with the whispering voices that were slowly increasing in volume and the pain that was slowly appearing in my head.

"I should probably explain more. So you see the monster in this kingdom made me because it wanted to experience parenthood. I don't really know how I was made but I know they must have done something with magic or whatever. But anyway I am here and you are like this because of them." Fox was waving around their hands as they lazily explain what was happening.

"I want to know why I am like this! Not how you were born!" I was getting annoyed with how they weren't focusing on the fact I wasn't in my BODY! I looked over at my body after I heard it let out a really loud groan, and I noticed that the wound on my arm was surrounded by dark markings. It was starting to bubble and I had to force myself not to puke from how gross it looked.