Chapter Two - The Broken Family

I was laying back onto the hospital bed, looking up at the ceiling, with a dull expression on my face. Mae was still gone and I was growing bored of just waiting. I was going to try to get up from the bed when I heard footsteps coming towards my room.

I looked at the door, expecting Mae to come through the door, but was proven wrong when I realized it was "my father" and "my older brother". They didn't have any expression on their face as they stared at me. I just gave them an empty stare back, not caring enough to speak to them.

"My older brother", Erik Giliam, was a serious-looking, glasses-wearing boy. He was two years older than me. Even though he hasn't grown completely yet, he is still a pretty-looking boy. His light green eyes stood out on his tan skin. His brown hair was neatly combed and style adding onto his serious-looking nature.

"My father", Myles Giliam, was a close off looking man. He had light blue eyes, but they look rather gloomy and dark in all of Aurelia's memories. He had blonde hair that was neatly styled and parted slightly to the right of his face. He had a beauty mark near the bottom of his lip that was easy to spot on his rather pale looking skin.

I was just staring at them, not bothering to act how Aurelia used to act whenever she saw them. It was just a silent staring contest, as we just stared at each other with an empty expression. It was like this until Mae came back with the doctor.

Mae noticed how tense it was and quickly went to my side, putting her hands on my shoulder in a comforting way. The doctor pretended not to notice how tense it was and just went to the check-up. After confirming I was okay, he nodded his head with a please look in their eyes.

"You seem to be better now, but your body is slightly underweight so it may be hard to walk around. I am urging you to eat more so something like this won't happen again. Also, I will need you to come again, just to make sure everything is okay with your head." The doctor looked nervous when he mentioned my head, making me wonder if something unusual was found about it. I couldn't just ask them straight up what was wrong with it since technically I am a child at the moment.

I just silently nod my head at the doctor and bury myself more into Mae, liking how warm she felt. I could feel that she was shaking and the grip on my shoulder was getting a bit painful. I look up at her, seeing that her expression was of her trying not to cry.

After the doctor left, a nurse came in with a wheelchair. "My father" and "older brother" still haven't spoken to me as the nurse lifted me and put me into the wheelchair. "My father" makes a move to push my wheelchair but Mae was quicker to my side. I didn't bother to look at him or "my brother" as I was pushed out of the room I was in.

It was quiet as we walked through the hospital, I could see from the corner of my eyes "my brother" and "my father" looking at me with emotions in their eyes I couldn't understand and didn't want to understand. 'The relationship between us is nonexistent so why bother to care about them. If they don't do anything to me then I won't make their life a living hell.'

Once we reached outside and I got to the car that was waiting for me, "my father" finally spoke to me. "Aurelia, we have decided that once a week we shall eat together. That should be satisfying enough for you, I assume."

I looked at "my father" who spoke to me in an uncaring voice and stared at me with cold eyes. I wanted to refuse to eat with him once a week but I realize that this happened because Aurelia wanted to eat with her father. Not wanting to speak to him, I just nodded my head with an uninterested expression.

"Mae, lift me into the car, please." I didn't want either one of my "family members" to touch me so I asked my caretaker to help me into the car. Mae quickly opened the car door and lift me from the wheelchair to the car. She then quickly folded the wheelchair and put it in the truck before she went in the car with me.