Chapter Thirteen - Who My Mother Was

Ever since I decided to limit my contact with my 'family members' I felt a bit more at ease with myself. I don't know why but it felt like a weight was off my shoulders and Sybil told me my eyes looked brighter and that "You look even more beautiful, Lady Aurelia!".

I decided to ignore what he said and focus on my studies. My tutor, whose name that I finally learned was Hale, told me that I was going to start working on lessons that are for people who are older than me because I was progressing rather fast in my lessons.

I felt an odd sense of pride as I thought about Colton's angry expression once he learned this. As long as he keeps being angry with being behind me then I feel like I am doing pretty well in my studies but I can be doing even better. I have to get past my 'brother' in his studies then I will feel like I am actually at the top.

But something that has been bothering me lately was the letters I started to exchange with Isaias reluctantly seeing as me just ignoring it wouldn't stop him from bothering me. The letter looked polite on the surface but I could see hidden messages between the words on the paper. He was making sure I wouldn't say anything about his hidden personality.

Even though I haven't seen his said hidden personality he still felt the need to keep track of me. He was such an annoying person and I really shouldn't have let my emotions get control of me at that moment. Now I really have a bunch of annoying people in my space and they simply won't go away.

I was reading another letter from Isaias and felt a headache appearing as I looked at his false polite words. I was just going to use one of the premade letters I have laying around to send to him again. It seems like he didn't notice yet but I knew he would realize sooner or later that I am just sending letters I just prewritten to him.

After I handled that I went exploring in my house. I haven't really seen everything in this house which is surprising. Well, the original Aurelia didn't either so I guess this will be a new experience for me. It was getting rather draining if I only focused on studying and improving my magic.

As I was exploring the house I heard a weird sound coming from an empty hallway I was currently in. I didn't see anyone around me but I kept hearing that weird sound again. I look around and notice that a wall in the hallway looked rather weird.

I approached it slowly and pushed against the uneven wall. When I did that the wall opened right away and I immediately coughed at the dusty air that escaped from the wall. After the dust slowly settles I look into the dark space of a hidden room I just found.

I couldn't see well into the room so I decided to use a new spell that appeared in my book. This spell was tenebris oculi (dark eyes) which allowed me to be able to see into dark areas as if it was filled with light. I slowly entered the room and looked around.

It looked to be a room that wasn't used in many years from the dust that are covering everything in this room. I realize that I didn't know if my 'father' bought this house of mine or gave it to me because it used to belong to someone else who didn't need it anymore.

As I was looking around this hidden room I saw something that was covered by a huge sheet that was on the center of the wall. I was curious and I went to pull on the sheet. The sheet came off rather easily and with it came another cloud of dust.

I was coughing pretty badly as I waited for the dust to settle down. When I was sure the dust was gone I opened my eyes that I didn't realize was close. Blinking my watery eyes I looked at what the sheet was covering and I felt my heartbeat increase.

I saw a woman with messy dark curly hair that was in a messy ponytail. She was wearing a red dress shirt with a lacy skirt that had stockings under the said skirt. The sleeves of her dress shirt were rolled up to her elbows showing off the muscles she had. She had on short boots with heels and a few buttons of her dress shirt were open.