Chapter Seventeen - Through Sybil Eyes - In Between

I was a child born between two people who really loved each other. My mom would always call my dad a silly man but she couldn't hide the love in her eyes as she told him this. My dad was someone who would do anything to make himself worthy to be called her husband.

I never really understood it but it seems like my mom's family didn't approve of my dad or me. They cut off ties with my mom and refuse to see me as their grandson. It didn't really hurt my mom that much and took it like it was nothing.

I also noticed as a young child my mom would look at someone else with love in her eyes... It was a really beautiful woman. I always got all nervous around her and would often leave gifts of dead animals to show my affection, this would end with me getting a slap on my butt and a long lecture. My mom couldn't hide how much she cared about that woman and how much she hated that man.

I wonder if in another life would she have married that woman? I would have been okay with that since I really didn't like that man at all. He would always give my mom rude looks that I didn't like at all. So I would pee on him anytime he was forced to hold me in his arms. It made me happy seeing how ugly his expression would get at this.

Even though I hated seeing this man come over to my home, I knew that it meant I got to see the beautiful woman. She would always scratch behind my ears and rub at my tummy. She was never without a smile on her face.

She had tried to make me get close to her son that was around my age but I didn't think much of him. He smells too much like that man and they seem to have the same face so that really didn't help to get a friendship going. I would often leave dead bugs in his hair and smile when he would cry due to this.

I slowly noticed that the woman's stomach was getting bigger and she was looking weaker. I would give her stuff that would make me feel better when I was sick but she just sadly shook her head. I couldn't understand what was going on with her.

She would always ask me to listen to her stomach and ask me what I could hear. I would always tell her it sounded like a happy heartbeat and for some reason that made her smile so happily.

When she didn't come over anymore and I would see my mom crying silently to herself I felt an odd sense of loneliness. I knew she was gone and that I wouldn't see her again. After the woman was gone my mom ended up leaving me with my dad for different amounts of times.

When she would come home her eyes would look so sad and she would only give me an empty smile when I asked what was wrong with her. My dad said I would understand when I was older but I wanted to understand now.

One day when my dad wasn't paying attention I decided to track where my mom was. I ended up at a big house that was filled with different people who were wearing work uniforms. I didn't know why my mom was at a place like this since we did have a lot of money due to my dad and what he did as a job.

I decided to just follow the scent of my mom and found her in a room with the door half-open. I wanted to greet my mom right away but she had an upset look on her face. That's when I noticed a young girl who looked younger than me, probably by two years or maybe more.

She was on the ground sobbing loudly and wouldn't allow my mom to touch her. She was just curled up into a ball on the ground. For some reason she looked just like the woman from when I was younger but... She is so different from the woman.

Why is she so upset? It was so strange to see that on her face when the woman always had a bright smile on her face. I just stood silently outside of the room my mom was in until she came out. She was surprised when she realized I was here and scolded me for leaving the house without my dad.