Heard

"So by this expansion, we can take advantage of the approximately 40% tourism growth that is expected every summer. What do you think, Ms.Park?" Felix, one of the project head of the new Park Water Resort and Casino, asked after his presentation to the board members.

Chaeyoung didn't hear the question, she also failed to notice the eyes that were looking at her waiting for her response. She just blankly looks at nothing in particular, obviously her mind is somewhere else.

"Rosie" Mr. Mason Park cleared his throat to gain the attention of his daughter but she remains still. "Princess" he finally hold his daughter's hand, which made the girl jump off her seat a bit.

"D-Dad.." She looked at hes father; she closed her eyes and apologizes when she figured that the presentation was already over. Mr.Park ordered the rest to leave them and have the meeting continued some other time. He worriedly looking at his only daughter who was still embarrassed by the incident, lately he noticed that Chaeyoung has been spacing out a lot more than she used to, she looks paler and a lot thinner as well.

"Are you okay?" Mr. Park asks his daughter with a concerned look on his face.

"Yes of course" She answered almost too quickly "I- I'm just... I have lot in my mind lately dad. I'm sorry." Chaeyoung looks down avoiding the old man's gaze.

"Rosie, you should rest.. I'm worried about you princess" Mr. Park gently pats his daughter's head. "I know!' the loving father smiled at his idea.

"What dad?" Chaeyoung asked her old man curiously.

"Why don't you and your wife take a vacation in our new branch in the Bahamas? You've never been there right? Why don't you relax for about a week? That would be fun" The old Park cheers up his daughter.

"I would love to, Daddy... but Lisa's schedule is the problem. She's very busy lately." Chaeyoung smiled sadly, she doesn't have the heart to open up her concerns about her own wife to her father, the old man will surely be worried.

"Lisa, that kid will turn her law firm upside down just to be with you. She will make time even if she doesn't have it" Chaeyoungs's father assured her.

Chaeyoung just smiled at the thought, yeah..Lisa will make time for her.. But it seems that it's not the case anymore. She couldn't help but be upset on the way that Lisa is acting lately. She acts so distant towards her, her wife is avoiding her for some reason, she wanted to be angry but when ever she sees how deflated she looked, and how exhausted her eyes were.. Her anger were instantly replaced by pity.. She's like dead woman walking nowadays, if only she could tell her what's going on.

"Why don't you call your wife and tell her about the vacation, both of you needed." Mr.Park stands up. "Its almost your anniversary anyways,it will be a good chance to rejuvenate"

Chaeyoung just hugged her father tightly.. "Thanks Daddy..."

"Anything for my only princess" The old man hugs back.

"I love you dad."

●●●

Lisa smiled at Liam who was now awake and playing with the toy train that she bought him. It's good to see him lively and talkative again. It's been 5 days since he was brought to the hospital.

"Mama" the boy called her that made Lisa's smile even bigger, Liam is turning 4 soon, and for his age its fascinating how he was already speaking straight.

"Yes Liam?" she answered as she brushes the little boy's hair

"Can we go to the... the..." Liam couldn't find the word but he look at the window. Lisa already get it, he was talking about the playground.