Compromise

"Hi.. Lily." Lisa's voice trembled as she got face to face with the perfect little girl who was smiling at her. She almost lost her breath when she realized that the girl is a combination of her and Chaeyoung. The girl has her mother's warm brown eyes, it was so lovely. She felt her heart tighten as she kneeled still in front of the little girl.

"You know my name?!" Lily squealed in delight as she jumped to her and hugged her neck.

Lisa welcomed her in her arms and returned her embrace, she felt an overwhelming feeling that made her eyes water. 'It all makes sense... they are mine' She closed her eyes with the warm feeling flooding in her being. But then, her heart starts to hurt as the overwhelming truth sink in, she darted her eyes to the woman she still calls wife accusingly.

Chaeyoung can't even say a word while watching her daughter with Lisa, thinking how her children knew her. She held Leo close to her when Lisa's eyes met hers. If a look can cut Lisa's gaze will surely slice her open. She is very furious.

"Mom, Marceline helped me!" Leo look up to his mother with a toothy grin. "She brought me to the boy's rest room, and she let me use the grown-up potty!" the little boy said proudly.

Chaeyoung tried to smile but it somehow didn't appear right. "I-Is that so... "She looked up to Lisa then to her daughter. "L-lily darling, come ... let's go home"

The little girl looked up to her mother and then turned her eyes to Lisa and gave her a smile. "Bye Marceline!" Lisa could only tighten her jaw and let the little girl skip her way to her mother.

"Thank you for helping my son." Chaeyoung says as she looks down avoiding Lisa's sharp eyes "We need to go now." she gently pulled the two kids with her, wanting to escape the uncomfortable situation. Call her a coward but this is not the place or the time. She can't deal with Lisa right now, there are a lot of thoughts running in her head about the consequences of this day and every single one of it scares her. She was about to reach the door, but a strong hand held her arm and prevent her from leaving.

"You will not go anywhere." Lisa said with an air of finality that made Chaeyoung hold her breath.

"Lisa please not in front of the children." Jennie whispered as she worriedly looked at the couple.

But Lisa didn't budge, she just tightened her hold to Chaeyoung and there's no way that she will let her go after all this. "I believe we need to talk; don't you think Chaeyoung?" She didn't even try to hide her bitterness as she spit out her words.

Chaeyoung forced herself to look at Lisa, she grits her teeth as she does. "Maybe some other time. The kids need to rest."

Lisa just took another deep breath, for the first time in her life she wanted to shout at her wife in anger, but instead she forced a smile. "Kids do you mind if you will play with Aunt Jennie for a moment?"

The twins looked at each other with a frown; the kids were confused why all the grownups around them were acting strange. Their Mom, Aunt Jennie and even Marceline was acting weird. "I guess it's okay... we want to play with Ella noona anyways..." Leo smiled timidly, the twins both let go their mother and go to Jennie and her daughter.

"You heard that? I guess there's no reason for us not to talk right now huh?" Lisa said sarcastically to her wife who looked desperate to run away again.

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie for help but before she could even say anything, Lisa had already grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the administration room.

"Where are they going Aunt Nini?" Lily asked curiously as they watch the two women leave.

"Why are they holding hands?!" Leo watched them observantly.