Fate

Roseanne felt heaviness in the air as if she was suffocating. She can feel the eyes of her estranged wife on her, like flames burning her skin. She suddenly became afraid of how she would react to the mere presence of Lisa. 'No Chaeyoung, you can't be serious, being affected by her after all these year?!" She scolds herself, bothered by the fact that she's in a room full of people with her father and she is too preoccupied by the woman she shouldn't be feeling things for. She shook as she looked up and tried to listen to what Chanyeol was saying. He was presenting the primary layout of the design of the new hotel that they will build in Jeju Island, but she ends up looking down again when her eyes and Lisa's met by accident.

Lisa is not really listening, she didn't even bother to pretend she did. She doesn't care about everything around her starting from the moment her wife walks in the room, she can't help but to look at her the entire time. Her Chaeyoung looks so different yet the same,it must be the fact that she drastically changed her hair from brown to icy blonde that made her look more exquisite than ever. But there is something else she can't put a finger on,she knew something had changed. Her heart aches the way Chaeyoung avoids her eyes like she is the last thing she would want to lay her eyes onto, the same eyes that used to look at her like she is the only person on earth.

"So what can you say about the third design?" Mr. Park broke the silence after the presentation, he gazed at his daughter who was seated beside him.

Roseanne gave an impressed nod and smile to the old man, before she turned to the expectant presenter on the end of the table. "I'm very impressed by the green hotel design" She also gave a smile to Chanyeol which made Lisa tighten her jaw. "I can see a lot more potential in the last design than the other two. Park Global hotels are known for the luxurious Classic settings, but even though that is the trademark of our Label, incorporating an energy efficient and nature friendly set up can help us be distinct from the other hotels in Jeju. The design perse is modern minimalist which is a real trend worldwide now. If we will push this design we can hail not only our loyal visitors but some of the younger generation of tourist, don't you think?."

The men on the table nodded in agreement.

"Since Jeju is the island destination in the country, the closer we can bring our tourists to nature then the better. And it will save us a lot of money with the maintenance of this kind of building since we can use the light that is coming from the outside and the ocean breeze 24/7." She scans the plan further. "Solar panels are also a brilliant idea.. Well done Engr.Park"

"Good job, the final plan will be presented at the next meeting next Saturday...we need to wait for Mr. Park and Mr. Min.. The marketing and competition study will be presented by them. Good day everyone" the old Park dismissed the meeting.

All of the people in the boardroom start to pick up their belongings and prepare to leave except Lisa, there's no way in hell that she will leave just like that.

"Rosie, Uncle Mason, would you like to eat a late lunch with me? My father wanted to do his little welcome celebration for Rosie" Chanyeol smiled at them.

"Good presentation Chanyeol. Yes let's do that, we need to talk about the proposal your father talked about during golf last friday" Mr. Park said as he held his daughter's arms. "Shall we, dear?"

Lisa heard it all, she rose from her seat and with a quick step she approached the three . "Mrs. Manoban, can I have a word with you?" She breaks into the conversation which earned the attention of everyone including the other board members who are still in the room. She ignored the displeased looks that her father in law gave her, as well as the deep confusion in Chanyeols's face.

"W-Wait are you-" Chanyeol eyes her.

"Lalisa Manoban, Engr. Park." She introduced herself rather conceitedly, she watched Chanyeoll's confused face change to shock. "I'm Chaeyoung's wife."